Sturgis Bound

4:42 AM - Aug 03, 2018 #1

We're rolling out to Sturgis this Saturday, heading up thru central Colorado mountains and over thru eastern Wyoming. Anybody else gonna be there?

3:23 AM - Aug 16, 2018 #2

Crasher on his Can Am reverse tryke thingie, Wes on his 2010 twin cam and me on the 88, rode up thru Alamosa, Fairplay, turn north at Conifer to Evergreen and then tried to run up the peak to peak highway but road was closed due to accident before we got to Blackhawk so we had to turn around and go around thru Golden and then back to the peak to peak highway. mucho canyons, passes and switchbacks. We turned east at Raymond and down the rocky canyon with the faces in the rocks to Lyon. we know better than to go all the way up to Estes Park on the weekend cause it seems like half of Denver traffic is up there. Another hour and we got a room in Cheyenne.
We couldn't find a place for breakfast in town, even with all the motels there....wtf? So we had to back south on the interstate to a Dennys. I would rather eat at a ma and pa type of place than a chain restaurant . From there we ran up the 2 lane to Newcastle, with bout 30 miles or so of lite rain and wet roads. From there the road climbs up into the Black Hills where it got wet and cold. We dropped down beautiful Spearfish Canyon where we kept seeing huge pine trees snapped in half or uprooted, later found out a toronado had hit a month before. We stay at Chris's Camp (every year since 1983) in Spearfish. There ain't a place for me to attach pictures so I'll have to start another topic.....