help with my carbs?

May 11th, 2018, 2:26 pm #11

One thing to keep in mind with the cyclex dual carb setup is if they will work with your frame and clear your frame rails. That is a lot of cheddar to throw out and hope that it fits. You may want to call cyclex to make sure of that.

Keep in mind that a number of people who have run the cyclex dual carb setup had issues getting them to run correctly also. They are not a magic bullet to carb tuning.

Before attempting to tune your carbs, make sure to have the cam chain, static engine timing and valves set first. If not, you will be chasing your tail.

You may have to do a bunch of plug chops to fine tune it.

I run the stock CB750 carbs (round tops) and they are actually pretty easy to work on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

May 11th, 2018, 4:40 pm #12

splitt wrote: One thing to keep in mind with the cyclex dual carb setup is if they will work with your frame and clear your frame rails. That is a lot of cheddar to throw out and hope that it fits. You may want to call cyclex to make sure of that.

Keep in mind that a number of people who have run the cyclex dual carb setup had issues getting them to run correctly also. They are not a magic bullet to carb tuning.

Before attempting to tune your carbs, make sure to  have the cam chain, static engine timing and valves set first. If not, you will be chasing your tail.

You may have to do a bunch of plug chops to fine tune it.

I run the stock CB750 carbs (round tops) and they are actually pretty easy to work on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
There are no real magic bullets, especially when dealing with mulitple carbs. 
We're gonna hit the road for one last time
We can walk right in and steal 'em blind
All that money
No more runnin'
I can't wait to see the old man's face
When I win the race