Cb750 carbs

April 15th, 2018, 5:05 pm #1

I broke down and went with the 4 carb rack. Seen a nice set at the salvage yard I couldn't pass up. But the float bowls are stuck on after removing the clip. Anyone know a good way to unstuck them without the use of a hammer?

April 16th, 2018, 1:53 am #2

Consider the issue resolved! A good rap on the side of each with the rubber handle of a prybar did it for all 4 of them. I was just a bit too scared to put a lot of force behind it at first I guess. They actually look really good condition. Anyone know where to find a good rebuild kit? I plan on running aftermarket exhaust so I'll probably need to rejett righy?

WhiteWolf
Site Admin
WhiteWolf
Site Admin

April 16th, 2018, 1:04 pm #3

http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/
Red Good or Kate
good peeps
"I would rather ride two up all day with Lynn
than ride with the sinners or cry with the saints"
Whitewolf - Life Behind Bars
http://whitewolf-lifebehindbars.blogspot.com/

April 17th, 2018, 5:52 pm #4

Call Kate. Get kits with both jet needles and needle jets. Intake air is more important than exhaust change. ( breadbox, pods, velocity stacks etc. ). Needle position, main jets, pilot jets ,and air screws. Check SOHC forum or Honda Chopper for carb info. Houndog has a good one on Honda Chopper. You didn't say roundtops or late style carbs.

April 17th, 2018, 10:27 pm #5

dfogerty1 wrote: Call Kate. Get kits with both jet needles and needle jets. Intake air is more important than exhaust change. ( breadbox, pods, velocity stacks etc. ). Needle position, main jets, pilot jets ,and air screws. Check SOHC forum or Honda Chopper for carb info. Houndog has a good one on Honda Chopper. You didn't say roundtops or late style carbs.
Sorry. Early model roundtops. '74 I think. I had some '77 late style as it's a '78 k series engine but they were so corroded, and the morons that work at the junkyard took a pretty hefty chunk out of one of the carb bodies when attempting to remove it.

April 20th, 2018, 3:49 pm #6

You'll need pre 76 intake boots. Roundtops will work on the 78. Use OEM boots. Aftermarket boots suck. Look up the wintergreen oil treatment to soften boots up. Corrected fitting worm clamps are available ( Kate again ). Oh  and early cables are different. Get busy dude, Spring may have sprung. It will be easy peasy.