Untitled

Untitled

December 25th, 2005, 11:16 pm #1

hey what do you guys think of the IWC BIG PILOT WATCH??

December 26th, 2005, 10:55 am #2

I wish they had stuck to history and made it manual, no date, no power reserve indicator style instead. Also, be aware of the latest movement modification. the first versions had 18600 bph, the latter 21000 bph. Precision seemed to be a problem if the watch was not fully wound on the 18000 bph version. Also the ticking was rather uneven and that always bothers me. Seen that on other inhouse movements with large center seconds (hands become too heavy and ergo the seconds hand seems too "busy" on the way down...hard to explain) ie. Chopard L.U.C and GP Sea Hawk. That said, this is not a problem on the latter movement modification.

The watch wears beautifully, much better than PAM127 for instance, the big crown does not really bother me as much as I'd expect. Do wish they had made the strap taper from 22/20 instead of 22/18. A little puny for my taste, but the strap is fantastic and thick buffalo.

December 26th, 2005, 8:59 pm #3

Hello Haagen,

very interesting description - at the moment the bigpilot is my favorite one - but i thought , that this year my wife should get a rolex - so maybe next year ...
Sold all my pam´s, because got rid of the panerai politics.

What is your experience with the bigpilot - better than the fiddy? worth its money ?
Best regards
bartholomeo

December 27th, 2005, 3:13 pm #4

hey what do you guys think of the IWC BIG PILOT WATCH??
having the crown imbedded in the back of your hand!