SCAM Alert: PartnerTech -a.k.a-. Eta25j -a.k.a- Scott Hawkins

SCAM Alert: PartnerTech -a.k.a-. Eta25j -a.k.a- Scott Hawkins

March 1st, 2005, 10:31 am #1

I just got burned by this seller of aftermarket bracelet.
Claiming he's Scott Hawkins, manager of PartnerTech Solutions - a partner of HP, even provided his phone number (which I stupidly didn't check).

Asked me to paypal his source in Asia since his paypal ID can't accept fund, which I stupidly did. Should've been suspicious when he asked me to state the transcation details as payment for 'Ipod plus extras from the Apple trading forum'.
Paypaled him 250$ since 2 Feb. but no bracelet until now - not even an EMS tracking number as promised. Everytime I checked he always came up with different excuse of 'shipping delayal due to chinese new year' or 'president's day holiday'.

This is my first time experience getting scammed, I did checked for his references which he provided (2 ebay positive seller references). I didn't check further as his pics looks very reassuring and I idiotically think he is a Paneristi.

Pls let this be my lesson (as you can see what a dunce I am for not taking hints), not yours - beware of seller like this. Hope this one could stand as an example of how easy you can lose your hard-earned dough. A funny side of it is, this time it's an Indonesian who get scammed, quite contrary to popular belief

Pls be forwarned, here are his posts in this forum:
1. February 21st: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message? ... 1109010650
2. January 30th: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message? ... 1107154276

His email is partnertech@gmail.com and his 'supplier' in asia is Yu Hsuan Lee (yaochiensu649@hotmail.com).

rgds,
Arif

P.S. If anybody know there is a way to report this to paypal or authorities who can do something pls email me - thanks.

March 1st, 2005, 3:02 pm #2

let me know if I can help out at all if you'd like. good luck.

March 1st, 2005, 6:57 pm #3

Claiming he's Scott Hawkins, manager of PartnerTech Solutions - a partner of HP, even provided his phone number (which I stupidly didn't check).

Asked me to paypal his source in Asia since his paypal ID can't accept fund, which I stupidly did. Should've been suspicious when he asked me to state the transcation details as payment for 'Ipod plus extras from the Apple trading forum'.
Paypaled him 250$ since 2 Feb. but no bracelet until now - not even an EMS tracking number as promised. Everytime I checked he always came up with different excuse of 'shipping delayal due to chinese new year' or 'president's day holiday'.

This is my first time experience getting scammed, I did checked for his references which he provided (2 ebay positive seller references). I didn't check further as his pics looks very reassuring and I idiotically think he is a Paneristi.

Pls let this be my lesson (as you can see what a dunce I am for not taking hints), not yours - beware of seller like this. Hope this one could stand as an example of how easy you can lose your hard-earned dough. A funny side of it is, this time it's an Indonesian who get scammed, quite contrary to popular belief

His email is partnertech@gmail.com and his 'supplier' in asia is Yu Hsuan Lee (yaochiensu649@hotmail.com).

rgds,
Arif

P.S. If anybody know there is a way to report this to paypal or authorities who can do something pls email me - thanks.
I had some deals with him in the past and every time it was a lot of communication (^#&^%$#) to get things completed. I think some other members might have his address and/or phone number.

Good luck!

kk
kk

March 1st, 2005, 9:53 pm #4

rgds,
Arif

I was suckered into something similar recently by a Frank Gianni in Argentina.

I should know better - been at this on-line game dealing with people all over the place since 1999. The problem is that as the majority of people you deal with are genuine, perhaps we get to get a little too trusting. I lost $600. On the good side, at least I haven't got so cynical yet that I mistrust everyone - I'd hate that.

Having said that, I was sold a 'near mint' piece recently by a regular Timezoner that had a short bracelet, was heavily scratched and was missing the paperwork. He wouldn't take it back (it was a US-to-UK purchase) except at such heavy cost for me that it was cheaper to send it to Breitling for a link and a refurb than it was to send it back (I'd already paid out customs fees and was having to swallow shipping both ways and all paypal fees). I've been planning a post on Dealwatch but it just shows, some 'regulars' can be just as deviant as people unknown to us. I'm sure this guy would have turned up some impeccable references - but would have made no difference to my deal.

ArifS
ArifS

March 2nd, 2005, 3:01 am #5

rgds,
Arif

Your experience sharing definitley put me on higher learing about this crooks. And so sorry to hear about your losses too. I'm still convinced if we stick together we can nail these kind of bastards down.

I have filed a compalint to paypal rgarding this, and will let you know of the outcome.

cheers,
Arif

March 3rd, 2005, 1:32 am #6

I had some deals with him in the past and every time it was a lot of communication (^#&^%$#) to get things completed. I think some other members might have his address and/or phone number.

Good luck!

pedro
pedro

March 5th, 2005, 10:53 am #7

rgds,
Arif

Hi Scott,

Something similar happened to me purchasing an anonimo three glasses at ebay paying using paypal. I made a claim at paypal and ebay and recovered about 50% of total amount and the seller was pushing out of ebay. Well, I didn´t get the watch but felt as "justice done".

This was a lesson for me but I go on trading with thousands of eyes.

Best regards

Pat O'Hara
Pat O'Hara

June 10th, 2005, 7:53 pm #8

rgds,
Arif

I paid him $400 for a Pam 111 and actually got the watch. I was very happy with it for 6 months until the crown stem broke. I foolishly sent it back to him as he said he could repair it. After several excuses as to why he couldn't get it fixed, I have not received my watch back and he has stopped returning my emails. He has another email address:
blondincharg@adelphia.net. I guess all we can do is spread the word and consider it a lesson learned. If you do manage to bring any kind of legal action against him, feel free to contact me for my experiences with him.