Requesting Information On Azimuth Watches

Requesting Information On Azimuth Watches

November 8th, 2007, 9:46 pm #1

Can anyone give me some info on the Azimuth line of watches?

1. Azimuth Bombardier I (Fountainemelon movement)

What was the original cost?

I recall a BWF member who was disappointed with this watch because of the tiny movement in the large case. Did anyone else feel that this watch felt kind of cheap and not very substantial?

2. Azimuth Bombardier III (A Schild movement)

What was the original cost?

Is the A Schild movement about the same size as the Fountainemelon movement?

3. 48mm and 55mm B-Uhrs (Unitas movement)

Have these been produced yet? If so, what is/was the cost?

Replies by e-mail are fine.

Thanks in advance.

November 8th, 2007, 11:36 pm #2

Kokoro,

I think you were a fellow Navigator owner. I think Azimuth is a fairly good watch but a bit uncomfortable to wear. The case thickness is not that of the GO or the IWC big pilot. It is thin and the large crown really didgs into the wrist.

Anyway, probably not what your looking for but I thought I would jump in with mt opinion. FWIW I think the Jadgabomber is a nicer watch wiht the saphire cytal.

John

November 9th, 2007, 12:01 am #3

One of my friends is looking for a B-Uhr - type watch but doesn't want to shell out big bucks. One of my other friends has a 47mm Zeno B-Uhr with hours in the center which is a good value for the money at just a couple of hundred dollars. I was just wondering about the Azimuth "feeling" cheap because of the tiny movement - i.e., if that's true or not. - Thanks again for your comments.

November 9th, 2007, 7:23 am #4

Kokoro,

I think you were a fellow Navigator owner. I think Azimuth is a fairly good watch but a bit uncomfortable to wear. The case thickness is not that of the GO or the IWC big pilot. It is thin and the large crown really didgs into the wrist.

Anyway, probably not what your looking for but I thought I would jump in with mt opinion. FWIW I think the Jadgabomber is a nicer watch wiht the saphire cytal.

John
I think Azimuth is a GREAT watch company with very very innovative watches. Of course the Pilot look is nothing new, but the use of NOS movements in an old school watch is brilliant. I have ordered the mono pusher, which unfortunately has been delayed. But that is the first watch ever with a single button chronograph using Unitas movement!