Pics of the new Omega Ploprof (There can be only ONE!!)

Pics of the new Omega Ploprof (There can be only ONE!!)

August 6th, 2009, 11:23 pm #1

Wow!!!! What a watch. I am speechless. I have to say, this one really took my breath away.

Received this yesterday. Wanted to share pics with everyone here. I am sure, everyone is eager to see more pics of this monstrosity from Omega.

I cannot believe the Mesh bracelet/Clasp they designed for this one. It is by far the most superior, comfortable and easy to adjust bracelet for micro adjustments that I have ever worn.

Some Quick Notes:

The lume is the blue lume, so it is not that bright as the white/green.

Weight of the watch on bracelet minus 3 links = Whopping 272 grams

The bezel operation is smooth and not noisy.

The hour hand can independently move in position II of the crown which is what is used for the date adjustment.

My wrist is about 7". Measuring the remaining space on the clasp and the three links that were removed, this watch could fit up to an 8.6" wrist at its maximum position with all links in.

August 7th, 2009, 4:29 am #2

Wow!!! Looks great on the wrist but does it feel very heavy and how does it compare to other brands?

Thanks for sharing.

August 7th, 2009, 4:57 am #3

hked,

I am used to wearing heavy watches. It is heavy at 270gms but really hugs your wrist and doesn't feel top heavy and does not flop around. I was very comfortable with it. Wore it all day today.

August 7th, 2009, 3:32 pm #4

Wow!!!! What a watch. I am speechless. I have to say, this one really took my breath away.

Received this yesterday. Wanted to share pics with everyone here. I am sure, everyone is eager to see more pics of this monstrosity from Omega.

I cannot believe the Mesh bracelet/Clasp they designed for this one. It is by far the most superior, comfortable and easy to adjust bracelet for micro adjustments that I have ever worn.

Some Quick Notes:

The hour hand can independently move in position II of the crown which is what is used for the date adjustment.

My wrist is about 7". Measuring the remaining space on the clasp and the three links that were removed, this watch could fit up to an 8.6" wrist at its maximum position with all links in.

How does the crown guard on those work?

August 7th, 2009, 3:53 pm #5

Thanks Chris

The Crown guard is spring loaded. When you unscrew the crown, and the crown moves out, the crown guard moves out with it. When you screw the crown back in, the guard moves back in with it. Needs some getting used to.
Last edited by sunnykk on August 7th, 2009, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2009, 6:08 pm #6

Some Quick Notes:

Wow that thing is huge!

August 7th, 2009, 6:29 pm #7

Some Quick Notes:

Thanks for the pics. I'd love to see that one in the metal!!!!

Stunning.

August 7th, 2009, 7:27 pm #8

Some Quick Notes:

nt

August 11th, 2009, 1:22 am #9

Some Quick Notes:

nt

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

November 10th, 2009, 4:57 am #10

Some Quick Notes:

If I ever buy another RMW--well this is at the top of my list. Congratulations.