Need Opinions on Azimuth Watches

Need Opinions on Azimuth Watches

January 12th, 2006, 12:10 am #1

I'm considering becoming a dealer for the Azimuth brand. I see you guys often post pictures of them here. So I would like to know your opinions, especially from owners. Any with problems?
Thanks in advance
Jeff

January 12th, 2006, 1:14 am #2

I'll field test it for you & give you a full report

January 12th, 2006, 1:56 am #3

I'm considering becoming a dealer for the Azimuth brand. I see you guys often post pictures of them here. So I would like to know your opinions, especially from owners. Any with problems?
Thanks in advance
Jeff
improvement on the straps and finishing. I have seen and handled the both the Jagd and Bombardier version. For close to the same price point as Ken Trading's version of RXW MM20, I would be expecting something similar.

Few cents worth

January 12th, 2006, 3:56 am #4

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Hi, Jeff! I have the Jagdbomber and really like it. Glows like a torch and wears well. I have two complaints though. First, the strap stinks in my opinion. Of course I'm a little biased when it comes to straps. I have an RXW and those straps are much nicer. The Azimuth strap seems kind of "delicate" for such a large watch. Second, I think that a watch that measures 47mm should have lugs that are at least 24mm wide, not 22mm. Wider lugs would work better in my opinion. I took a 26mm strap and notched the ends down to 22mm and it works much better--more balanced. Other than those two items it's great and I really like it. Big Pilot style on the cheap. Hope this helps and good luck!

January 12th, 2006, 1:03 pm #5

Thanks in advance
Jeff
nt

January 12th, 2006, 3:29 pm #6

Jeff, feel free to contact me. I own the Jagdbomber, Pilot I and II destro as well as BMF and BMF chronograph. VERY nice watches...all of them.

January 12th, 2006, 6:15 pm #7

a Samuel L Jackson SE version.....

January 12th, 2006, 7:19 pm #8

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Had been wanting a Big Pilot watch for years, but until the Azimuth came along, no one had really done it for me. Sure, the IWC BP is very nice, but very far away from the vintage Observer watches from WW2.

I only have a few things/suggestions in regards to this watch. As the crown sits a bit lower than the actual case, the crown can dig in to your wrist a lot... not a big thing, but the case should have been 2-3mms thicker IMO. And if I could have it my way, a set of blue hands, like on the Azi destro, would make the watch just poooirfect!!!

Also, the strap that comes with the watch is kind of flimsy... be sure to get a Bombardier strap from Aaron (like the one on the pics below)

The pictures speak for themselves:

Best,
Martin

January 12th, 2006, 8:52 pm #9

January 13th, 2006, 12:50 am #10

Thanks in advance
Jeff
I did own both of the Bombadier and Jagdbomber and eventually end up sold both of them. They are good watch for the money, as everybody agreed on, they need to have bigger lug size, I personally would like them to be a little bit thicker case back(at least 4, 5mm ) since the crown did bother me, Lastly I prefer a little more weight. It's just my personal preference