Mad Cow?

Mad Cow?

December 8th, 2006, 3:09 am #1

Anybody out there have a Mad Cow?

How do you like it? How long have you had it?

I'm considering picking one up next time I swing by a Ball AD...I like the fact that it comes with both rubber strap & SS/Ti bracelet.

December 8th, 2006, 3:48 pm #2

The "Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium" was designed to meet the technical excellence needed for extreme conditions like those experienced by top speed skier John "Mad Cow" Hembel. bringing technology to watches is our forte. Not only does the titanium reduce the weight of the watch, it also increases its resistance to scratching. Despite the larger-sized case, the watch weights significantly less. The case back bears the likeness of "Mad Cow" Hembel, the clear inspiration for this sleek new design.

December 9th, 2006, 12:11 am #3

I'm considering picking one up next time I swing by a Ball AD...I like the fact that it comes with both rubber strap & SS/Ti bracelet.
Haven't seen the Mad Cow, but I have an Engineer Hydro. Alligator. Same 42mm case diameter, but a bit thicker and stainless steel. I'm responding because:
1) The case design is a "wrist hugger" giving it a close, comfortable fit.
2) The rubber strap is the finest I've ever worn. It's engineered to blend beautifully into the case. It follows the wrist contoured shape that starts with the lugs. Superb!
3) The bracelet is the most robust I own. Very comfortable.
4) If there's a downside, it's the strap installation. Double screwed through the lugs, it's extraordinarily secure. It also takes extraordinary patience to get the long end of each screw to fully penetrate the second lug after going through the first lug, then the strap. The first screw isn't too difficult, but getting the second one fully inserted is the heart breaker.
My 'gator is a most impressive watch. I'm sure the Mad Cow is, too.
I'll be picking up my second Engineer Hydrocarbon - the new Magnate - next week while I'm in Arizona (AD in Scottsdale).
Hope you decide to get a Mad Cow. I'll take a look at one at the AD.

December 9th, 2006, 3:46 am #4

My 1st Ball was a quartz version, similar to the Luminox you see today, just in 41mm size. Loved it, but it was quartz, so off it went. The next one was a Hydrocarbon GMT. Spectacular watch! Fit and finish was outstanding and accuracy was likewise. Just wish it had a fancier clasp and that it was a tad bigger.

When the Alligator came out I was on the fence for quite a while. As a matter of fact, I'm still thinking about it. In the mean time, I just picked up the Engineer Master II diver. The orange bezel version. Let me tell you. Pictures do not do this watch justice!

The dial is not as glossy as it appears and the brushed hands and numerals are awesome. The bracelet and clasp are some of the best out there. If you know who I am, you know that I've gone through LOTS of watches in my time. I am so very pleased with this one. I got it a little over a week ago and ever since my Planet Ocean has been in my safe! That's saying a lot, believe me!

When I'll have some free time, I will take some pictures and share them here.

I sure hope you get the Mad Cow, you will LOVE IT!

Marc

December 9th, 2006, 12:11 pm #5

Sorry...I apologize...couldn't resist!

December 9th, 2006, 8:00 pm #6

v

December 11th, 2006, 7:17 am #7

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your advice.

I think I will have to check out that Diver too. It looks quite cool!

Ball's dressier watches have been quite surprising to me as well. I have the Moon Glow & I must say, it's a fantastic everyday watch. The Magnate you pointed out is worth a look too.

Too many choices... not that that's a bad thing