Let’s Hope the Fourth Time is the Charm – My New Invicta Corduba

Let’s Hope the Fourth Time is the Charm – My New Invicta Corduba

November 28th, 2007, 2:49 pm #1

I guess I must be a bit of a masochist (not only to wear such a large watch, but an Invicta to boot) since I have had three others before and they all had quality issues.

But since the B&R is not in the near future for me, I tought this one might help.

I don’t know why anyone would like to show the Miyota 8126 caliber, since there is nothing attractive about it (although I love its robustness, long power reserve and the fact you can hand-wind it, unlike the 7S26).

I am not a fan of carbon fiber dials, but in this case, it is not too obtrusive.

Thanks.

Jorge.

November 28th, 2007, 3:32 pm #2

I know some will claim that it is a duplicate of the B&R but a square instrument dial is not that unique in the 1st place and B&R can be accused of simply duplicating aircraft instrumentation.

November 28th, 2007, 3:38 pm #3

I guess I must be a bit of a masochist (not only to wear such a large watch, but an Invicta to boot) since I have had three others before and they all had quality issues.

But since the B&R is not in the near future for me, I tought this one might help.

I don’t know why anyone would like to show the Miyota 8126 caliber, since there is nothing attractive about it (although I love its robustness, long power reserve and the fact you can hand-wind it, unlike the 7S26).

I am not a fan of carbon fiber dials, but in this case, it is not too obtrusive.

Thanks.

Jorge.
I think the band is too thin for the case size. The band should be as wide as the outside of the lugs. That would look fantastic. I actually do really like the carbon fiber face. The other change I would make is brushed titanium instead of gold. I've noticed a lot of watches showing up online in the square B&R style. Guess it's becoming the rage.

November 28th, 2007, 3:55 pm #4

Thanks.

Jorge.
and you are right about the Miyota. The Japanese answer to the 2824-2. Congrats!!!!!

LRB
MNCB 9
Uncle Lew

November 28th, 2007, 5:58 pm #5

I think the band is too thin for the case size. The band should be as wide as the outside of the lugs. That would look fantastic. I actually do really like the carbon fiber face. The other change I would make is brushed titanium instead of gold. I've noticed a lot of watches showing up online in the square B&R style. Guess it's becoming the rage.

November 28th, 2007, 10:23 pm #6

Thanks.

Jorge.
... is it really necessary to always copy other designs? Invicta is getting more and more boring ...

jus my 2 cents, of course

November 29th, 2007, 3:35 pm #7

nothing but junk...that is the brand my watch maker sees the most to fix...stay away from them