I know you like them big...

I know you like them big...

April 21st, 2010, 1:14 pm #1

Hi All, don't come here often but have my own forum and like psychiatrists - Forum moderators need another Dr. to speak to.....Usually found at EOT but I have something big for you....

Zlatoust Russian Combat diver - early 60's.....(sorry for branding just hosted that way)

Diameter is a whopping 60mm, 80mm with the crown (!), height 15mm, weight 280 gms (over half a lb)

I have recently taken one of these apart and discovered that the arm that connects the movement to the stem is made from a molded piece of solder.... eek.. so having it repaired now....

Anyway you will have seen these for sure but this is my one.... it is however slightly unwieldy to wear and very, very heavy.... but I do think it is very cool and hope you do too....??

Regards

Alistair

April 22nd, 2010, 6:07 pm #2

Do you have a wrist shot?

With such a bib crown, what do you do wear it in the right hand?

C. Soler

May 26th, 2010, 2:20 am #3

Hi All, don't come here often but have my own forum and like psychiatrists - Forum moderators need another Dr. to speak to.....Usually found at EOT but I have something big for you....

Zlatoust Russian Combat diver - early 60's.....(sorry for branding just hosted that way)

Diameter is a whopping 60mm, 80mm with the crown (!), height 15mm, weight 280 gms (over half a lb)

I have recently taken one of these apart and discovered that the arm that connects the movement to the stem is made from a molded piece of solder.... eek.. so having it repaired now....

Anyway you will have seen these for sure but this is my one.... it is however slightly unwieldy to wear and very, very heavy.... but I do think it is very cool and hope you do too....??

Regards

Alistair

it's really big

November 10th, 2010, 1:38 pm #4

Regards

Alistair

Really really big and nice

Atlas1800.com quality and confiance
Last edited by danyb23 on November 10th, 2010, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 8th, 2011, 6:39 am #5

Regards

Alistair

That is huge. Can you imagine waring that for a few hours?

That was definitely designed for the sole purpose of diving.

I would not ever wear the thing, but it is an extremely cool and unique watch for the collection.

---
Check out my Seiko Dive Watches at Seiko Watches USA.com

March 20th, 2012, 8:28 pm #6

Regards

Alistair

There's these two sporty brands known for oversized steel watches too: TW Steel and Metal CH. I've attached some photos for you!

Edilbert

October 13th, 2013, 2:13 pm #7

Regards

Alistair

yeah man, they are enormous, but i love them, cool item