how are the rules on this board are used?

how are the rules on this board are used?

watchmaster
watchmaster

June 30th, 2005, 1:52 pm #1

i wonder how the rule is used: "Lastly, do not list custom made watches or those that have been altered to create a watch that appears to be a brand or model it is not."

if i build up a custom watch which looks better than a 1938A it will be deleted. telling me i do not follow the rule.
long time before the 1938A came up i posted my watches here.
is this board in any relation to the company which build this watches?
or do the rule dont apply to them?

same is with the RXWMM20.
if i post a watch which looks like the RXW which different dial and case it will be deleted.

sorry for my english, sometimes it sounds rude, but its difficult for me to describe my question in english.

so maybe an explanation will help. so i can build up customize watches which dont violate the rules.
thanks a lot.

June 30th, 2005, 2:28 pm #2

June 30th, 2005, 2:54 pm #3

i wonder how the rule is used: "Lastly, do not list custom made watches or those that have been altered to create a watch that appears to be a brand or model it is not."

if i build up a custom watch which looks better than a 1938A it will be deleted. telling me i do not follow the rule.

if i post a watch which looks like the RXW which different dial and case it will be deleted.

sorry for my english, sometimes it sounds rude, but its difficult for me to describe my question in english.

so maybe an explanation will help. so i can build up customize watches which dont violate the rules.
thanks a lot.
like a non-oem strap or buckle. If we took off all non-oem parts, there would'nt be much in the sales form's on most sites.

andreas rosczich
andreas rosczich

June 30th, 2005, 3:05 pm #4

thanks a lot.
asking for the relationship and banner between this site and the rwc my message was deleted, now we can read, that rwc sponsor this site. so it works..

alex
alex

June 30th, 2005, 3:10 pm #5

thanks a lot.
Hi WATCHMASTER,

- don´t care, I like your watches (for the short time we can see them)!!!

What´s your language???

- Alex -

watchmaster
watchmaster

June 30th, 2005, 3:50 pm #6

my language is german and turkish

Topota
Topota

June 30th, 2005, 6:59 pm #7

thanks a lot.
There seems to be a bias here. We all get the no-fakes rule. However, Watchmasters models seem to be homages of Historic non-current-production PAMs. Much in the same way as the 1938, or the RXW MM. It's ultimately up to the forum owners, however, if the bias is due to a conflict of interest, then it seems pretty uncool.

personally I like the initiative and passion that someone like Watchmasters brings to the table. Last time I checked he wasn't selling anything in editions of thousands.

Admin
Admin

June 30th, 2005, 10:09 pm #8

thanks a lot.
Please be reminded every forum has its unique set of rules everyone must follow and that you are a guest here of the BWF and its sponsors.

What was allowed to be posted before does not necessarily mean that it will be allowed forever.

Besides, you abuse the forum wherein you post FS ads in the BWTF then post again immediately on the public forum to drum up interest.

Thank you.

Admin
Last edited by josetan on June 30th, 2005, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.