Homage, Fake, Project, Whatever! I'm Proud of It!

Homage, Fake, Project, Whatever! I'm Proud of It!

March 16th, 2007, 7:27 pm #1

.....and I can still make my car and house payment. Well since IW still seems to be in business and court battles rage on I guess it can still be considered a homage watch? I did some first time custom work on my IW Marine Diver and I'm so proud of myself I had to share it with the watch world. I love this watch, but I always had a problem with heavily painted shiny dial so I took on the challenge and did something about it. I bought a good watch case opener and proceeded to tear the sucker apart. I removed the dial and sanded it down and hit it with a light coat of Wal-mart flat black. I re-installed it and then I replaced the hands with some after-market black anodized ones. I put the watch back together and the final touch was replacing the black strap with the light brown leather one that I soaked down with a bit of mink oil to give it a worn in look. Whala..... I'm loving it! Thoughts or comments?

March 16th, 2007, 7:58 pm #2

Well done looks good if you get bored of it let me know.

March 16th, 2007, 9:41 pm #3

.....and I can still make my car and house payment. Well since IW still seems to be in business and court battles rage on I guess it can still be considered a homage watch? I did some first time custom work on my IW Marine Diver and I'm so proud of myself I had to share it with the watch world. I love this watch, but I always had a problem with heavily painted shiny dial so I took on the challenge and did something about it. I bought a good watch case opener and proceeded to tear the sucker apart. I removed the dial and sanded it down and hit it with a light coat of Wal-mart flat black. I re-installed it and then I replaced the hands with some after-market black anodized ones. I put the watch back together and the final touch was replacing the black strap with the light brown leather one that I soaked down with a bit of mink oil to give it a worn in look. Whala..... I'm loving it! Thoughts or comments?

nt

March 16th, 2007, 9:58 pm #4

Well done looks good if you get bored of it let me know.
nt

March 17th, 2007, 12:08 am #5

March 17th, 2007, 2:58 am #6

Pamela A has Fake tits but never the less they are tits.

Easy to imitate, not so easy to innovate, Bast*rd of the strap World..

March 17th, 2007, 4:57 am #7

You have to give this guy credit. He had the balls to take his watch apart and improve upon what he bought. Do you thing most PAM owners would dare?? I need another beer.
Last edited by cdigi on March 17th, 2007, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 17th, 2007, 2:36 pm #8

panerai can be had for few thousand dollars... used... it is might be a lot for some, but still these days couple grand don't go far...

i would never wear fake rolex. no matter what. i would rather get an 80 dollar casio g-shock. i love to get a Richard Mille and can't afford one. no fake Mille for me either... i apply the same standard to panerai. fake is still fake and i think it is disgrace to wear one. there are certain homage watches that are on the borderline and are different enogth: Arimuth, 1936 etc. if something is just a fake that really doesn't get my respect.

March 17th, 2007, 2:42 pm #9

is going to be an awesome homage to an original Rolex/Pam watch, using the regular crown style. German built, quality abound. It will probably take a 26mm strap although case will be around 44mm.. Handwound, screw down crown, and 100m WR.... WooHoo!

I hope to get one at some point.

As for Panny fakes? I wish some of these people would get off it. Panerai themselves are fakes since the Richemont group merely bought the name and artifically upscaled it. They are all fakes and homages of the original watches which were not modern Panerais anyway, and had Rolex innards.

Paneristi shmaneristi..... >(

Fine watches and someday maybe I will own one but really I wish the snobbery would just go away.

March 17th, 2007, 3:41 pm #10

1000% agree after all what is 1954 doing playing on the the size of the 1950 fiddy,want stop me buying one.