Have you blinged your Super Avenger?

Have you blinged your Super Avenger?

February 25th, 2007, 1:38 am #1

I'm considering getting a diamond bezel for my Super Avenger. Has anyone out there done this to their Super Avenger? Do you like it? What style of diamonds did you get? After market? By Breitling?

Any recommendations appreciated.

February 25th, 2007, 1:46 am #2

each to his own as they say.I like mine just as it is.

February 25th, 2007, 8:28 am #3

I totally agree. Far too much of a man's watch to be "girlified"! Hell, I buy watches to smash and bash, and swim and climb in. I think "Mr Breitling" would turn in his grave if he discovered you were about to add diamonds!

February 25th, 2007, 12:30 pm #4

I'm considering getting a diamond bezel for my Super Avenger. Has anyone out there done this to their Super Avenger? Do you like it? What style of diamonds did you get? After market? By Breitling?

I don't own a Super Avenger but have a chrono avenger as well as a Crosswind and older chronomat so needless to say, I am a Breitling fan. And, while I do believe that "each to his own" , I must say that living and working in NYC, I have seen a number of Breitlings and Super Avengers up close that have been "blinged" or tricked out with diamond bezels and worse. Super Avengers seem to be used for this purpose more than any other model I have personally witnessed. Just take a walk on 47th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues and you can find the shops that have them in their windows easily viewed from the street. One word: ecchhh!
I keep reading in watch magazines and even main stream media that deal with fashion and current culture talk about how diamond studded watches are all the rave with men's timepieces but I just don't get it and will never wear one. Especially Brietlings, Panerais or other utilitarian (military, avaition, diving, etc.)inspired pieces. The whole thing looks horrible and is totally anthithetical to the essence of the watches's appeal. IMHO of course.

February 27th, 2007, 6:47 pm #5

He let me photo it. He also has a two tone gold Daytona and and a very conservative Patek..

February 28th, 2007, 4:16 am #6

I wouldn't wear it if you paid me! But each to his own. The world would be very boring if we were all the same.

Ed