Grand Seikos fit in well regardless of size, mini review

Grand Seikos fit in well regardless of size, mini review

October 14th, 2007, 9:41 am #1

I did not know what to expect. I have always wanted to collect very large dive models like Seiko , Panerai and others in the 42mm-50mm size range. I thought that this watch was going to be too small for me, not a chance It has the same amount of heft = to any Submariner. The unusual 12 sided bezel and carbon fiber style dial design was going to be slightly distracting. This is not the case the dial depending on the light and angle that you are viewing it in, it flips back and forth from basic black to ornate. Very cool and pleasing to the eye. This watch is a perfect combo of dress and sport all in one, perfect for any place and any "Time". This is the very first time I had a chance to own a Modern GS and I am very happy with the complete package (finish, feel and overall design). The quality of this watch is out of this world. If given the chance again I would not think twice about getting another model GS .

Now I know why this watch line is named Grand Seiko , Wow!!!! to say the least.

Grand seiko SBGR019

Size Compared to my Submariner

As you can tell it even looks like it fits in well with my Historic reissue SBDX003( 43mm case 300m) and SBDX005( 52mm case 600m)

best to all and thanks for looking

Andy

October 14th, 2007, 3:07 pm #2

v

October 16th, 2007, 3:43 am #3

I did not know what to expect. I have always wanted to collect very large dive models like Seiko , Panerai and others in the 42mm-50mm size range. I thought that this watch was going to be too small for me, not a chance It has the same amount of heft = to any Submariner. The unusual 12 sided bezel and carbon fiber style dial design was going to be slightly distracting. This is not the case the dial depending on the light and angle that you are viewing it in, it flips back and forth from basic black to ornate. Very cool and pleasing to the eye. This watch is a perfect combo of dress and sport all in one, perfect for any place and any "Time". This is the very first time I had a chance to own a Modern GS and I am very happy with the complete package (finish, feel and overall design). The quality of this watch is out of this world. If given the chance again I would not think twice about getting another model GS .

Grand seiko SBGR019

As you can tell it even looks like it fits in well with my Historic reissue SBDX003( 43mm case 300m) and SBDX005( 52mm case 600m)

Andy
here's one of my all time favorite dive watches. The Spring Drive movement is hypnotic to look at. I love this watch.

October 16th, 2007, 5:01 am #4

If seiko was to ever launch GS and other models like the professional dive watches in outside ASAIN markets, It would be a big hit,
We will have to see,

I can just see it now a GS Boutique in NYC and London,, after all quality watches with movts like these should be seen by more people that are not hard core seiko fans.

26jewel GS very fine quality, high grade movt( looks similar to your spring drive movt btw)

(copy this link in your browser to see first hand)

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Grand%20...5JohnDavis.htm

I cant wait till my next GS comes my wat, could be a GMT spring drive or the smaller GMT automtaic,

best
Andy

Last edited by Suhal on October 16th, 2007, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2007, 5:04 am #5

v
nt

October 17th, 2007, 2:20 am #6

Grand seiko SBGR019

Andy