Finally got an Eco-Zilla!

Finally got an Eco-Zilla!

February 5th, 2006, 1:43 pm #1

Got it off eBay from a seller in England for about $200.00. I got the one with the black band of course. The watch itself is actually a slight bit bigger than I thought it would be. The only thing I dont like about it is how the band tapers and is relatively small by the tim it reaches the buckle. I wish the band stayed wide the whole length like my 5.11 tactical series watch does. But overall, I'm very happy that I bought it.

An aside.... Anyone know why the 300M watch is eco-drive, but the 1000M watch iss an automatic? The 1000M would be just plain awesome if it was ecodrive instead of automatic. Easier to keep fully charged.

February 7th, 2006, 5:11 pm #2

that the 300m one would be better if it were an automatic with sapphire crystal. I sold mine b/c I dislike quartz and I couldn't stand "Band China" on the clasp. YMMV.

Great value though.

February 8th, 2006, 4:53 am #3

Well I was just thinking that if the watch was automatic, then I'd have to buy a watch winder to keep it going. With and eco-drive, I just have to store it by the light and its fully charged. I have so many watches that any one watch doesn't get much wrist time. I have a seiko automatic, and its always stopping cause i wear it so little and I dont have a watch winder.

February 8th, 2006, 7:32 pm #4

I wasn't saying that you can't own one. It is more convenient, but I just dislike quartz b/c everyone else has a watch that goes "tick tick tick", so I prefer mine which go "ticktickticktick".

Just a preference......