Dial-less Watches?

Dial-less Watches?

April 22nd, 2010, 10:14 pm #1

Gents,
I had (what I think) is a great idea. I was admiring the look and intricacies of a few turn-of-the century movements. Many of which are pocket watch movements. I was thinking how much I would like to see a piece with the face of the movement exposed. Not a skeleton. Just the naked movement. Face and hands only (with maybe a few markers on the case or bezel), of course with a display back side. Does anyone know of anyone who is doing this? If you have a piece I would love to see it!
Thanks,
Breijm

April 23rd, 2010, 2:05 am #2

Mounted it backwards!

Last edited by mfer on April 23rd, 2010, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2010, 10:44 pm #3

Very cool. Probably makes it challenging to check the time! I'm looking for a Hamilton Size 10, any suggestions on where I can find one in working conditions?

May 7th, 2010, 8:05 pm #4

I got mine on ebay. I'm thinking about selling it as I'm not very skilled, but I'll most likely just hang on to it.

The 917 and 921 go quick at the end. I'd suggest doing your homework before bidding.

October 27th, 2010, 5:28 pm #5

Gents,
I had (what I think) is a great idea. I was admiring the look and intricacies of a few turn-of-the century movements. Many of which are pocket watch movements. I was thinking how much I would like to see a piece with the face of the movement exposed. Not a skeleton. Just the naked movement. Face and hands only (with maybe a few markers on the case or bezel), of course with a display back side. Does anyone know of anyone who is doing this? If you have a piece I would love to see it!
Thanks,
Breijm
wow, nice!

its a bit odd having that idea.. but .. it was still nice seeing something like that.. cheers!

Sell My Rolex watch

June 8th, 2011, 6:31 am #6

Mounted it backwards!

I love the way that looks. I would love to find something like that in a matching metal bracelet.

I think it would be a little hard to read though. I the hands would have to be a color that stands out.

---
Check out my Seiko Dive Watches at Seiko Watches USA.com

October 16th, 2012, 2:41 am #7

Gents,
Thanks,
Breijm
Hello Breijm,

I have not seen this in the newer watches out, but I beleive that this could be a very easy conversion with some of the stuhrling brand watches.

I have been working on a Stuhrling Brumalia restore that I believe would be a good candidate for this.

http://www.infixta.com/Sturhling_Brumal ... ration.php

Hope this comes closer to answering your question.

Jeff

May 12th, 2014, 3:01 pm #8

Gents,
Thanks,
Breijm
Tourby Watches, who advertise in the banners here, has this exact thing available in sevweral styles. I have bought watches from them and their work is superb.