Ball

Ball

October 4th, 2006, 1:32 am #1

Whats the scoop on Ball watches? They have one called the alligator that looks too cool. and for under $2500.00 seems like a more evcry day watch. Does anyone have anything to say (good bad or indifferent)? Thanks in advance.

October 4th, 2006, 3:31 am #2

I have a Ball and its a great watch. Hefty, one of the best bracelet, case and clasps made.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The black dialed Alligator is difficult to get. If you do find it on the net, you should pay approx. $1,700.

October 4th, 2006, 7:51 pm #3

what makes it different / better? for that $2000, is it the one for me? I like big heavy watches. thanks in advance.

Tom

October 5th, 2006, 3:08 am #4

This watch has a classic design. I am not a diver, I just happen to favor dive watches. However, I do know a diver that is paid by several watch companies to test their watches and he rates the Ball Alligator as one of the best. You states that you prefer heft, this watch is big, solid and comfortable due to the shape of the case, it contours the wrist. I suggest you drop by Tourneau and see one in person.

October 5th, 2006, 7:55 am #5

Whats the scoop on Ball watches? They have one called the alligator that looks too cool. and for under $2500.00 seems like a more evcry day watch. Does anyone have anything to say (good bad or indifferent)? Thanks in advance.

Photo taken some time ago. Luv this watch. Great for everyday wear. I prefer the black dial better. Heard that they have stopped production for this watch now (cannot confirm though...)

I like the weight and feel of the watch on my wrist and the packaging of the watch is really cool!

Well if it speaks to you, just go get it.

Good luck!

Regards

October 9th, 2006, 7:22 am #6

I heard it's sold out.. still in stores, but Ball has shipped all they ever will.

But last time I was in an AD, I did see the new Mad Cow, which looks to be a pretty comparable watch (with the exception of 1000m WR).

October 10th, 2006, 2:27 pm #7

I have a few Ball watches GMT,Engineer Diver,Chronograph,Mad Cow.........I just love them.

The fit and finish, heft,quality is second to none and they glow like a torch.

October 25th, 2006, 12:22 am #8

I heard it's sold out.. still in stores, but Ball has shipped all they ever will.

But last time I was in an AD, I did see the new Mad Cow, which looks to be a pretty comparable watch (with the exception of 1000m WR).
They've been sold out in the US since June. There were 1000 pieces worldwide. I got mine (#879) NIB in July through a Malaysian watch site - an excellent purchase experience, complete with an AD stamped warranty card, and all accessories.
It's an extraordinary watch - the one I reach for first.
Others in the collection: Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001, Doxa GMT Divingstar, Rolex Sub 5512 (bought new 1/67), Ball Engineer Master II LE Chronometer.
Great watches, all (IMO) but there's something very special about the 'gator.