affordable big watch

affordable big watch

December 23rd, 2006, 12:28 pm #1

hey guys,

i am moving in from the seiko/citizen watch forum, trying to move up i guess.
i am interested in big watches, however i am looking for something affordable, as in under $500. can you recommend, and something swiss, if possible. i already have the seiko/citizens that i need. i am looking at the swiss army victoronix line. are they solid, big watches?

December 23rd, 2006, 3:09 pm #2

Troy,

Your question is too general. You can start by asking what size would be appropriate for you ( you can go from 42 to 50 ). Then ask yourself which style do you prefer, (Diver, Pilot, dress. etc.) Try and narrow down your selections to one size, one style, and several brands , and then you can screen according to your budget.

From personal experience , I would look at ZENO , they have an astonishing selection of big watches , in various price levels,and in reasonable quality.

Good Luck on your search.

December 23rd, 2006, 3:17 pm #3

hey guys,

i am interested in big watches, however i am looking for something affordable, as in under $500. can you recommend, and something swiss, if possible. i already have the seiko/citizens that i need. i am looking at the swiss army victoronix line. are they solid, big watches?
hey thank you for the response,
i am looking for a dive watch, 42mm or larger, stainless steel or gold plating that would be under $500. also something reputable. i work as a firefighter and will in the future be doing some diving. what can you guys point me out to?zeno has already been recommended to me and i will check out those watches. i've also been looking at the swiss army mavrick series.

thanks,
t

December 23rd, 2006, 4:17 pm #4

I would definitely look into the Tissot Seastar 1000. You can pick this up for well under your price range. It is available in black face (with black rubber)and with a blue or silver face (with ss bracelet). It is virtually indestructible and imo a great bang for the buck. It is automatic (2824-2), sapphire, and about 44mm. Also check out some of the affordable watch fora for other good options. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in a finding a good link to purchase one.
Tim

December 23rd, 2006, 5:08 pm #5

hey guys,

The Glycine Incursore can be had on ebay in your price range. Zinex watches also show up on the bay under $500.00. MTM watches can be purchased for $450.00 on their site if a battery watch is ok. As stated in previous posts you have a lot of options. Take your time and have fun.

December 23rd, 2006, 5:43 pm #6

hey guys,

I received this MONSTER of a watch a couple days ago from a trade, and...Damn...This is one to take a look at. It's way under your price target, but is still a VERY solid watch.

December 23rd, 2006, 7:01 pm #7

Troy,

Your question is too general. You can start by asking what size would be appropriate for you ( you can go from 42 to 50 ). Then ask yourself which style do you prefer, (Diver, Pilot, dress. etc.) Try and narrow down your selections to one size, one style, and several brands , and then you can screen according to your budget.

From personal experience , I would look at ZENO , they have an astonishing selection of big watches , in various price levels,and in reasonable quality.

Good Luck on your search.
Never meant to post as anonymous...

You may want to look at the Seiko "Tuna Can" , Quartz, ( 5 year battery),but well respected . fairly big ( 43) , and kind of cool looking.

Ordered from Japan, it can be had for about $400.00 .

December 23rd, 2006, 7:46 pm #8

The Glycine Incursore can be had on ebay in your price range. Zinex watches also show up on the bay under $500.00. MTM watches can be purchased for $450.00 on their site if a battery watch is ok. As stated in previous posts you have a lot of options. Take your time and have fun.
Cheap and pretty solid also plenty of change from the $500 buckeroos.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Easy to imitate, not so easy to innovate.

December 23rd, 2006, 8:20 pm #9

hey guys,

I bought 6 of these for a Frankenwatch project I got going on, They are Big solid and for 200 their definitely worth having a look at.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Easy to imitate, not so easy to innovate.

December 23rd, 2006, 9:32 pm #10

hey guys,

thanks alot guys, you know your stuff. i checked out zeno, the glycine (very classy) mtm (no classy enough), the tissot (i like them but was not won over) and the wenger's. like the wenger are they the same as swiss army. on there site i saw a diver with a green bezel. very very nice. anyone know how many millimeters wide these wengers mentioned in the previous message are?
-t