Aeromatic My experience & 2 cents

Aeromatic My experience & 2 cents

December 1st, 2006, 9:59 pm #1

Back about 10 or so days ago, I asked if anyone heard of Aeromatic watches. I got a positive response, found one for a fair price so I bought one in hopes of learning a little more.
Well here is the rest of the story.

The package arrived this morning, I wasn't too impressed with the shipping, but the watch was safe and everything was fine which is what is important. I opened up the container ifor the watch itself, and was pleasantly surprised. The watch was just as it appeared in all of the pictures I could find of it on the web. I picked it up & it had some "heft" (weight) to it. (Keep in mind I usually wear a Panerai of some sortjust about everyday, yet this one felt good.)

I put it on, and to be honest the only time I have taken it off today is to show people. A fellow Paneraisti showed up at my office unexpected so I showed him, he seemed as impressed as I was with this thing! **The only think I would say to the manufacture is please just make the straps bigger/wider. I have seen too many companies these days make good size watches and put little thin bands on them. And it makes the band look even smaller when you have a large face watch on it.**

This seems to be a decent watch, and a reasonable value for the price. This is something I would suggest to a person who wanted to get into collecting watches and they were looking for a decent large style watch, but didn't want to spend 3-5k this would be a great bargain for them, and still a conversation piece, as most people are going to have no idea who this company is, or what they do.

Dollar for Dollar, a very decent bargain!

December 2nd, 2006, 4:20 pm #2

That does have a nice look to it. I like the color of the face. How big is it? Looks to be 50mm or bigger. I'll have to stop by your office and check it out when I get down that way.

PAM Lovin in Clarkston
Ray

December 2nd, 2006, 6:26 pm #3

It looks much bigger in pics, but it is as follows.

---------------
Case size 45mm
Thickness 17mm
Crown diameter 12mm, length 12.8mm
Case size 45mm
Thickness 17mm
Crown diameter 12mm, length 12.8mm
---------------
Like I said, the only thing I would change is I would have made it with a wider strap. It comes with a 20mm strap, but it is a "thicker style" strap so it doesn't feel as small.

Ray, send me an e-mail, let's grab lunch.

December 7th, 2006, 2:12 pm #4

Back about 10 or so days ago, I asked if anyone heard of Aeromatic watches. I got a positive response, found one for a fair price so I bought one in hopes of learning a little more.
Well here is the rest of the story.

The package arrived this morning, I wasn't too impressed with the shipping, but the watch was safe and everything was fine which is what is important. I opened up the container ifor the watch itself, and was pleasantly surprised. The watch was just as it appeared in all of the pictures I could find of it on the web. I picked it up & it had some "heft" (weight) to it. (Keep in mind I usually wear a Panerai of some sortjust about everyday, yet this one felt good.)

I put it on, and to be honest the only time I have taken it off today is to show people. A fellow Paneraisti showed up at my office unexpected so I showed him, he seemed as impressed as I was with this thing! **The only think I would say to the manufacture is please just make the straps bigger/wider. I have seen too many companies these days make good size watches and put little thin bands on them. And it makes the band look even smaller when you have a large face watch on it.**

This seems to be a decent watch, and a reasonable value for the price. This is something I would suggest to a person who wanted to get into collecting watches and they were looking for a decent large style watch, but didn't want to spend 3-5k this would be a great bargain for them, and still a conversation piece, as most people are going to have no idea who this company is, or what they do.

Dollar for Dollar, a very decent bargain!

Great looking watch! Glad I could help you make your decision. I'd love to get one of those to add to my collection,but I think I talked my wife into getting me a Movado Museum for my birthday(which is tomorrow)so if she comes through,then it will have to wait a while.
Al G.

December 10th, 2006, 1:23 am #5

Yea I am happy with this waych. I am impressed with it, and now like you I can tell others to go ahead and get one for themself..
Thanks and Happy belater Birthday Al.