A video review of the Nixon 51-30 Tide Watch

A video review of the Nixon 51-30 Tide Watch

December 3rd, 2009, 5:39 am #1

I just consummated my love for Big Watches just recently (this past week, in fact) with the purchase of a Nixon 51-30 (51 mm). Anyway, while researching about Big Watches, I found this forum, which has been a treasure trove for our particular affliction. I just wish it were more active.

Anyway, since I pretty much suck at photography, and everyone here has such fantastic pictures, I decided to do a video review of this watch instead. And make a little contribution to this great place.

Like I said, it's pretty much an amateur attempt, but I do flex a few watch terms I've learned reading this forum. Let me know what more information I should provide!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigWatchFan

December 3rd, 2009, 8:17 pm #2

Looks like a cool watch and definitely qualifies as a BW. And to think I was worried about ordering a 48mm.

I agree that I was hoping the forum would be a bit more active. Did you see my post a couple down from you on the Haurex I ordered? Price was right to take a chance on it. What do you think from the picture? I'll post some more when I get it.

Enjoy that beast of a watch!

December 4th, 2009, 12:42 am #3

Yeah, I saw that Haurex. Looks great. I'm especially interested in seeing how the crown looks in person. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing...

December 4th, 2009, 2:42 am #4

I'll definitely take some close-ups and some different angles. I'll also at least try to give a grade as I see it. Looking forward to getting it.