New Whitesnake record & tour dates announced!

New Whitesnake record & tour dates announced!

February 25th, 2015, 7:54 pm #1

Guvrmentcheese
Guvrmentcheese

February 25th, 2015, 10:17 pm #2

Thanks Cherry! Just got done watching the Stormbringer video, gotta say I am lookin forward to hearing the new album, no tour dates near me tho.

Ryoko
Ryoko

February 25th, 2015, 11:11 pm #3

Thanks for the link,Cherry:)
It's unpredictable!
I don't know much about deep purple,
so maybe most of the songs are new to me!
Anyway japanese release date will set on
April 29, we will have an honour to get
Reb's effort a bit earlier.
Looking forward to listening to it!

TimJ
TimJ

February 25th, 2015, 11:51 pm #4

I think it's a real missed opportunity, sorry.

I don't care which band it is re-recording old stuff, and many do these days, but I just think it's a copout.

I really thought with the last couple of albums Whitesnake were proving they could still come out with strong new material, and was hoping Reb would be the main writer this time too.

Oh well.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2015, 12:03 am #5

I kinda feel duped. Not mad, just a what the heck kinda moment. The way Reb was talking, was like they were writing. Mention heavy catchy songs..... If they are just re-do's from the DP Coverdale days why talk it up like its new material...

I can't see them doing this Deep Purple cover album, then putting out a all new album with all new material.

Zander

“It’s a tribute. A homage. It’s a huge thank you from me to Deep Purple for the opportunity I was given over 40 years ago,” states Coverdale. “As I said to Ritchie, you guys set me on an incredible journey that continues today and I couldn’t have asked for better teachers. The University of Deep Purple was an extraordinary, amazing school to learn from. We can’t wait to play these songs in concert!”

From the opening notes of the classic track “Burn,” to album closer “Stormbringer,” Whitesnake are back and better than ever. Songs like “Lady Double Dealer,” “Soldier of Fortune” and “Sail Away” are given a new energy in the very capable hands of the current Whitesnake lineup featuring David Coverdale on vocals, Reb Beach and Joel Hoekstra on guitars, Michael Devin on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums. A video for the first single “Stormbringer” can be seen here:

The tracklisting for The Purple Album is:

1) Burn
2) You Fool No One (interpolating Itchy Fingers)
3) Love Child
4) Sail Away
5) The Gypsy
6) Lady Double Dealer
7) Mistreated
8) Holy Man
9) Might Just Take Your Life
10) You Keep On Moving
11) Soldier Of Fortune
12) Lay Down Stay Down
13) Stormbringer

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks
14) Lady Luck
15) Comin’ Home

DVD Content:
Lady Double Dealer - Music Video
Sail Away - Mix Music Video
Stormbringer - Music Video
Soldier Of Fortune - Music Video
Purple Album Behind The Scenes
Purple Album EPK

Whitesnake was formed in England in 1978 by Coverdale. The band has released multi-platinum selling albums throughout the years and have been known for hits such as “Slide It In,” “Here I Go Again,” “Still Of The Night” and “Is This Love.” Whitesnake will hit the road this summer on a headlining world tour.

www.whitesnake.com

Cherry
Cherry

February 26th, 2015, 12:20 am #6

^ ^ wow.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2015, 4:27 am #7

The video is cool and Reb gets a lot of camera time and the solo rocks. Highly doubtful he would have gotten all that if Doug was still holding the musical reigns. So thatz cool

Zander

PaddyC
PaddyC

February 26th, 2015, 9:43 am #8

yeah, im sorta with you guys - bit disappointed that it's re-doing Purple stuff.

Really think David Coverdale needs to be careful as he's sort of becoming a parody of himself, even watching the short bit of film it still sounds to me that his voice has gone (I also thought that during the last tour) I really hope that's not the case as early Whitesnake were always one of my favourite bands. But will reserve judgement till i've listened to the CD.

I also think Coverdale missed a trick here TimJ - regards new material and Reb but hey - ho! Will be interesting to see Reb as the lead on the tour though

Cherry
Cherry

February 26th, 2015, 4:49 pm #9

Such harsh criticism guys. You all have the right to your opinion as I do so here are my thoughts..... I have always been a supporter of REB and everything he does. Whitesnake is DC's band. When I heard (just like you did yesterday) about The Purple Album, I was stoked for REB and HAPPY for him because of his accomplishment and contributions to The Purple Album.For whatever reason's DC decided to take WS in this direction I am sure is personal and heartfelt to him. and I look forward to hearing the bands version of these tunes on the record and live! Help keep our music alive by supporting our guys, whatever they decide to do.

like I said, you are all entitled to your own opinion but this is REB's forum... give him some support here.

Denise
Denise

February 26th, 2015, 8:59 pm #10

Rebs solo awesome of course which to me makes the song... too bad it is a cover..that is very disappointing .

I mean if Winger can write a whole new killer album after all this time why cant WS? Nothing against Reb of course, DCs band, he is boss but really a cover, tribute or not ?

But anything that Reb does and is happy with has my wholehearted support.

But more power to him for keeping it going for this long.

Confirmation of reply: