Your prayers would be appreciated

Your prayers would be appreciated

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

06 Apr 2016, 23:37 #1

One of the projects I've been very distracted with has to do with form of my caregivers. As you might guess, many of them become family to me And when they struggle, I really want to help. One very special young lady that I would like to introduce you to is Minda Kay. Minda began working for me a couple years ago and she's worked off and on between babies. Somewhere along the line we became very good friends. I consider that a blessing because she is a very special young lady.

A few weeks ago, she came to me with a sore jaw. She wondered if it could be an abscess tooth. She went to the dentist and he diagnosed abscess, quickly removing two of her teeth. This was a shock because she hadn't had a cavity since she was a kid. The shock got much worse the next day when she awoke with 103° fever and terrible swelling of her face. Back to the dentist but he put up his hands and said the infection was beyond his ability to fix. Right away she saw an oral surgeon. He removed all of her teeth! The poisoning move them to the marrow of her jawbone. The nightmare only got worse!

Long story short, Minda is in a fight for her life. The infection is in her bloodstream, but she is fighting it every step of the way. She's got four beautiful children, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. That's another very special story for another time. The following link is a GoFundMe page I started to help their family a little bit. We've also got lots of things going with local charities and my church so we have been able to lighten some of the financial stress. Please check out the link and if you would like to share a kind word with Minda, I will show her what you say. Each comment and e-mail she gets really touches her heart.

I so want to fix this but the problem goes way beyond my pay grade.

https://www.gofundme.com/Minda
Hunt with your kids not for them

Don Christensen
disabilities coordinator for Babe Winkelman Productions
creator of disabled sports persons information at http://afarcry.info

Leep
Advanced Member
Leep
Advanced Member

07 Apr 2016, 06:02 #2

God Bless her..My prayers will be with her until she recovers..

ridge
Advanced Member
ridge
Advanced Member

09 Apr 2016, 04:15 #3

Minda will now become part of my prayer list.
I lift up my eyes to the hills. . .He watches over your life. . .now and forever. Psalm 121

dennis

hogwild
Advanced Member
hogwild
Advanced Member

13 Apr 2016, 03:03 #4

Prayers sent and don't forget about Hunters Helping Hunters USA. There's got to be a hunting tie in there somewhere.
Ken Zeringue
Chairman of the Board
Hunters Helping Hunters USA
Blah, Blah, Blah

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

14 Apr 2016, 12:26 #5

Thanks guys. I will pass your thoughts along to her. I know she will be grateful. She was here last night but not feeling too well and I got stuck in the Turkey woods until late.
Next time she is here, I will share these with her.
Don

Don Christensen

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

14 Apr 2016, 13:16 #6

hogwild @ Apr 12 2016, 09:03 PM wrote: Prayers sent and don't forget about Hunters Helping Hunters USA. There's got to be a hunting tie in there somewhere.
That's an intriguing thought… Let's ponder that one. She's never been a Hunter. Matter of fact she was a vegetarian for 11 years. After sharing my stand what I harvest that bruiser last year, she actually helped to eat the heart right out of the slow cooker! Given enough time, I think I could interest her in hunting. She does already shoot and she enjoys that.
Don

Don Christensen

hogwild
Advanced Member
hogwild
Advanced Member

16 Apr 2016, 03:36 #7

I'll run it by the board this weekend. If she assisted you in your hunting endeavors, that may be the tie in. What does she shoot?

Remember though, "Proceeds of fund raising events and donations are awarded applicants who demonstrate financial need. HHH USA pays the creditors of applicants directly and may provide other assistance to applicants as applicable. HHH USA does not make direct grants of cash directly to applicants. "
Ken Zeringue
Chairman of the Board
Blah, Blah, Blah

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

21 Apr 2016, 17:04 #8

She definitely has a huge financial need with four little ones and a very limited income. I will ask her what she likes to shoot besides what I have done with her. As far as assisting me, she does that every time she works. Remember that big buck I harvested last fall? She was the vegetarian caregiver who was with me in my stand. She's not a vegetarian anymore! I think she was very surprised at the excitement she felt as well as the sense of accomplishment for taking part as a non-Hunter. She's a pretty special young lady. You just say the word for any information you might need. I'm pulling out all the stops to help this family.
Don

Don Christensen

hogwild
Advanced Member
hogwild
Advanced Member

03 May 2016, 03:14 #9

Don,

The consensus is for her to complete an on-line application (if she has not already done that) and be specific in her tie in to hunting with you. I would suggest you help her describe how she is the person who is trained or has some expertise on how to handle your disability issues and if she does not assist you, you do not hunt, how she knows you and your disability, and why another person/hunter is not qualified to assist you in your hunt. This is a stretch but gives as much information as possible.
Ken Zeringue
Chairman of the Board
Blah, Blah, Blah

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

03 May 2016, 22:36 #10

hogwild @ May 2 2016, 09:14 PM wrote: Don,

The consensus is for her to complete an on-line application (if she has not already done that) and be specific in her tie in to hunting with you. I would suggest you help her describe how she is the person who is trained or has some expertise on how to handle your disability issues and if she does not assist you, you do not hunt, how she knows you and your disability, and why another person/hunter is not qualified to assist you in your hunt. This is a stretch but gives as much information as possible.
Thanks. I'll sit down with her and look over the application when she comes here to visit. She is off work right now until she is seizure free for two weeks.
Don

Don Christensen

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

04 May 2016, 04:04 #11

Minda came over this evening and we filled out the application. She didn't have supporting documentation along but that can be provided if there would like. I really appreciate your help with this and will keep my fingers crossed. One side note, Minda reminded me that she did hunt once has a youth. She actually harvested a nice buck. Unfortunately, when it came time to gut him, she got sick and that's how she became a vegetarian. She Has gotten over the vegetarian phase now and actually has developed a love for the outdoors and has really been enjoying hunting with me.
Don

Don Christensen

hogwild
Advanced Member
hogwild
Advanced Member

05 May 2016, 02:27 #12

We got the application.

:ThumbsUp:

The VP/Director of Assistance will prepare a summary and may have to do some due diligence. Once the review has been completed, if applicable, it will be presented to the board for a vote. It may be helpful to review our mission statement though.
Ken Zeringue
Chairman of the Board
Blah, Blah, Blah

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

05 May 2016, 03:24 #13

hogwild @ May 4 2016, 08:27 PM wrote: We got the application.

:ThumbsUp:

The VP/Director of Assistance will prepare a summary and may have to do some due diligence. Once the review has been completed, if applicable, it will be presented to the board for a vote. It may be helpful to review our mission statement though.
Thank you. Please let them know to feel free to contact me. If I don't know something I'm sure I can find out. I read through the mission statement again and it does seem to fit fine. Was there something specific you are thinking about?

Don Christensen

hogwild
Advanced Member
hogwild
Advanced Member

06 May 2016, 02:45 #14

"medical or funeral costs"

Daycare expenses may be a stretch but dental costs are right on.
Ken Zeringue
Chairman of the Board
Blah, Blah, Blah

AFarCry
Advanced Member
AFarCry
Advanced Member

06 May 2016, 13:26 #15

hogwild @ May 5 2016, 08:45 PM wrote: "medical or funeral costs"

Daycare expenses may be a stretch but dental costs are right on.
Understood… I will ask her if there are other costs incurred that are directly medical. When she came up with day care, I simply ask her what a couple big debts were the this sickness had caused.
Don

Don Christensen