My Dad (Chuck) is in Heaven

Visit about anything here there is not a certain category for.

My Dad (Chuck) is in Heaven

Jun 27 2018, 09:28 PM #1

Hello to all my dad's friends on The Back Forty - it is with both sorrow and joy that I share with you that my dad is now walking in heaven.  On Father's Day, Dad was admitted to the hospital with the worst case of pneumonia he has had.  His entire left lung was full.  They had trouble getting his blood oxygen and blood pressure stable.  Monday morning when I visited, he was chatty, humorous and sometimes a little bossy :)  His breathing was labored but with his oxygen mask, his levels were stable. The docs said he was fragile but stable.  That night his stats dropped and he was taken to the ICU.  I was up there during the day with him and he wasn't getting better.  The antibiotics were not working and the infection was getting worse.  Around dinner time, my mom called me to let me know that Dad had told her that he was done and took off his oxygen mask.  He was at peace.  We all went to the hospital not knowing how fast the process would be. We had a wonderful evening with Dad.  He was telling stories, joking, tearing up, and sipping Pepsi.  What a gift that night was for our family.  He asked us to leave about 8:15 because he said he was off to heaven at 8:42 😉 My mom, sister and I had some time with just us and Dad.  He told us he loved us.  Then he shared a ritual that he learned on Blue Bloods - I love you, I love you more, I love you most, I love you mostest.  We said that back and forth a few times and those were the last words I heard ❤  He passed away peacefully Wednesday (June 20) around 6:15 pm.  

God has been with us through this entire process and we are so thankful that Dad is with him in heaven - walking!!  

Here is a link to Dad's obit - we tried to add some of his humor to it.
http://www.pedersonfuneralhome.com/obit ... Boomgaard/

Thanks again for your friendship with Dad!!  Please feel free to contact me at brandykj15@gmail.com 

Love - Brandy (his Favorite oldest daughter)

ridge
Advanced Member
ridge
Advanced Member

Jul 13 2018, 02:16 AM #2

Thank you for sharing him with us.  It was a very great privilege to get to know him.  He enabled us, cheered us, and made our lives better with his presence, his heart, and his great wit.  We will miss him dearly and be forever diminished by his absence.  We give thanks that this is not good-bye but see you soon in heaven's wondrous home.
I lift up my eyes to the hills. . .He watches over your life. . .now and forever. Psalm 121

dennis