January 22nd, 2011, 2:41 pm #11

i have all the disk images to every fx disk to send to anyone who would like them. all i ask for in return is help in solving a problem. im trying to transfer the files from my pc to a double density floppy (i use an eps16+) and i get continuous errors. the fx files are .efe (those will coppy to dd floppy easily using a win98 boot disk) and the disk image files are .gkh
Not that it helps this issue much... but surely it should be easy to distribute the FX disks? Just so I'm clear, all the wavebox FX are literally just normal effects? So to load them, you press Load > Effects > Yes, and that effect is loaded into the bank effect slot? From there (with normal effects at least) it's possible to go Command > Effects > SAVE CURRENT EFFECT... if one were to save every waveboy effect to a floppy, surely that floppy can then be distributed.

Not so handy of course... does imaging software exist for floppy drives (as with .iso files to CDs for example)? Not so hot on floppy drive technology, but if so, that would mean a downloadable image which ends up as an ASR-10-readable disk with effects on.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 30th, 2011, 7:17 pm #12

Yeah sometimes i dream that there are a magic set of asr 10 effects algorithms out there somewhere.

They sell some herehttp://www.chickensys.com/products/soun ... oy+Effects

The rez filter and voder sound cool. But for those prices i'd rather just get another outboard FX processor on a budget.

January 31st, 2011, 2:29 am #13

i have all the disk images to every fx disk to send to anyone who would like them. all i ask for in return is help in solving a problem. im trying to transfer the files from my pc to a double density floppy (i use an eps16+) and i get continuous errors. the fx files are .efe (those will coppy to dd floppy easily using a win98 boot disk) and the disk image files are .gkh
hi ... I´ve got a huge asr library I could trade really interested in the fx´s..
dovejoey at gmail dot com
thanks

Michael
Michael

February 24th, 2011, 6:50 pm #14

hey i would love to get the fx too.

micaevski@gmail.com

thanks

Michael
Michael

February 25th, 2011, 12:07 pm #15

http://www.fileserve.com/file/eBN4C8K

let me know if it worked for you, it seems pretty complicated.

March 4th, 2011, 12:48 pm #16

Ok listen in guys, just had a brain wave. Please do tell me if this is madness... it just seems SO obvious that no one can have possibly overlooked it, but I think not.

Ok, so the issue with waveboy FX is that distributing floppies is tricky, same with floppy images. BUT, what if we could get them all onto CD... then distribute the image, which is dead easy. CD images work very, VERY nicely indeed, all one needs to do is burn it to a CD-R, and load it into your ASR's CD drive, foolproof.

But of course, none of the current software (like translator) can actually MOVE ASR effect files... but when you save an instrument with an effect, does it load up with that effect? Is that effect then saveable as a standalone effect for your convenience via Command> Effects> Coppy effect to bank, then Command> Effects> Save bank effect? Yes to both.......

So all we need is some generous person with working waveboy effects to save each effect to a token instrument (with a short wavesample of nothingness), then save the instrument with the name of the effect. They can then copy those INSTRUMENTS (plus attached effects) using Translator (because translator moves instruments with effects normally, just like a plain instrument) onto an Ensoniq CD image. That .img file can be distributed and burned to CD by anyone.

Of course, this forum is dead, and with the exception of some awesome people, full of greedy lurkers asking blindly for handouts, not willing to put an ounce of effort into helping others who own the wonderful machine that is the Ensoniq ASR-10. We're a dying group some 18 years after the ASR was brought out, we need to help each other. Hell, if no one can be fucked to do all that, I'm gonna buy all the disks when I can afford to and do it myself. It's a shame that a lot of ASR-10 users who get those effects won't be worth the effort... there's enough awesome people out there though, and good on them.

Se|\|se-A
Se|\|se-A

March 5th, 2011, 6:00 pm #17

Might just be easier to get some outboard effects. Buy an old FX processor for $50-$100 and save yourself the hassle of trying to load new algorithms into the asr 10.

March 5th, 2011, 6:40 pm #18

True, but these are THE waveboy FX, and there's something inherently awesome about using the ASR's effects... hell, all of us use the ASR for a good reason, it sounds fantastic. Otherwise a squeaky clean AKAI sampler and an effects processor would suit us all beyond the hassle of owning an ASR.

Hmmm
Hmmm

April 29th, 2011, 5:27 pm #19

http://www.fileserve.com/file/eBN4C8K

let me know if it worked for you, it seems pretty complicated.
404, any other url to download?

May 7th, 2011, 1:39 pm #20

True, but these are THE waveboy FX, and there's something inherently awesome about using the ASR's effects... hell, all of us use the ASR for a good reason, it sounds fantastic. Otherwise a squeaky clean AKAI sampler and an effects processor would suit us all beyond the hassle of owning an ASR.
Has anyone attempted to put these effects on disk? Burning them to CD-r has that worked for anyone?