Zodiac GMT on the wrist....

Zodiac GMT on the wrist....

May 9th, 2011, 10:28 am #1

Nice watch! 41mm and thin compared to my other watches...sorta just blends in with the wrist!

"

May 9th, 2011, 11:34 am #2

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

May 9th, 2011, 11:50 am #3

googling but mostly UK sites...

Amazon is selling them for $99.99....but seems shipping to Asia is around $34usd
Last edited by thianwong on May 9th, 2011, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2011, 2:56 pm #4

Nice watch! 41mm and thin compared to my other watches...sorta just blends in with the wrist!

"
Looks GREAT!
I forgot to mention to you Thian......... be VERY careful to take care of the crown/stem assembly of that watch as on that watch the crown/stem assembly is it's "Achilles heel".
They tend to break easily if not treated carefully!!
The parts ARE available for them BUT are hard to find!

May 9th, 2011, 5:27 pm #5

"
Perfect sizing on the wrist, looking darn minty too!

Big cyclops, guess easy reading with that.

Are you happy? I know its not a Rollie, but its pretty sweet IMO.

May 9th, 2011, 7:04 pm #6

Looks GREAT!
I forgot to mention to you Thian......... be VERY careful to take care of the crown/stem assembly of that watch as on that watch the crown/stem assembly is it's "Achilles heel".
They tend to break easily if not treated carefully!!
The parts ARE available for them BUT are hard to find!
my Bond and NOS Ricoh....just unscrewed the GMT to feel it out...nicely pops out, crisply screws back in...

May 9th, 2011, 7:09 pm #7

Perfect sizing on the wrist, looking darn minty too!

Big cyclops, guess easy reading with that.

Are you happy? I know its not a Rollie, but its pretty sweet IMO.
but once it is on the wrist, I forget about that aspect. I have thought about installing the vintage waffle from JakeB (bought 8 of them....20mm and 22mm), but it might 'ruin' the vintage look hahaha! or even a nice leather might come in the future....not sure. This watch wears very light and flat. The cyclops must be 2x like the Rollies.

I won the other Zodiac silver dot 2 toned blue/gold and that will arrive by Thursday or so from Yokohama store. This is another Rollie homage, quartz one, which will satisfy the Rolex look for me ! hehee!

May 9th, 2011, 7:15 pm #8

waffle let me know as I have been tempted SOoooooo many times to do so with mine! I personally like the S/S band it's currently on but you know me........ I like my leather!
I just have not been able to figure out which type of leather however to put it on!
I'm seriously thinking of getting another ALL black Shark to put on it. That may also help make it look a bit larger then it is!?

May 9th, 2011, 7:42 pm #9

but once it is on the wrist, I forget about that aspect. I have thought about installing the vintage waffle from JakeB (bought 8 of them....20mm and 22mm), but it might 'ruin' the vintage look hahaha! or even a nice leather might come in the future....not sure. This watch wears very light and flat. The cyclops must be 2x like the Rollies.

I won the other Zodiac silver dot 2 toned blue/gold and that will arrive by Thursday or so from Yokohama store. This is another Rollie homage, quartz one, which will satisfy the Rolex look for me ! hehee!
I find Rollies or similar styling, looks GREAT on nato/zulus IMO.

I really like that look for some reason. It just works.

If I ever get a sub looker, it will go on nato.

May 9th, 2011, 7:47 pm #10

Only problem with Zulus is finding an 18mm one! I dont think they are made!?