WRUW to start the week?

WRUW to start the week?

April 18th, 2011, 4:24 pm #1

Revue Thommen diver for me...

Who says a good quality Swiss watch has to cost a fortune? Al regulated this one and was pleased to see that the 2824-2 powering it was Elabore grade which he had not seen in some other Swiss watches costing twice as much.

28800 bph, hacking, handwinding, and a nice signed crown.

Not the most elaborate casebac engraving but it is a thick and well made caseback which had no problem passing the dry and wet pressure tests at Archer Watches...

The only real negative to this watch is the lacklustre lume. I might have a solution for that soon though..

April 18th, 2011, 4:46 pm #2

I'm not really a Rolex/Tudor guy, but I bought this one specifically because it was a military issued watch. I bought it from it's last owner who was a ship's diver in the Canadian Navy. Tudor Sub and it's in great shape cosmetically:

I will put it on a NATO strap eventually, but this was the only 20 mm strap I had at the moment. Here is the watch with the ship's diver badge and photographer badge of the previous owner:

This watch did see some action and was in the water many times.

I started wearing this today, but since it had not been serviced since it was last issued in 1998, it's currently in pieces and in my cleaning machine. Now wearing my PAM 104.

Cheers, Al

April 18th, 2011, 4:53 pm #3

Who says a good quality Swiss watch has to cost a fortune? Al regulated this one and was pleased to see that the 2824-2 powering it was Elabore grade which he had not seen in some other Swiss watches costing twice as much.

Not the most elaborate casebac engraving but it is a thick and well made caseback which had no problem passing the dry and wet pressure tests at Archer Watches...

The only real negative to this watch is the lacklustre lume. I might have a solution for that soon though..
I'm wearing what is perhaps my most favorite and most comfortable watch today!
I'm seriously thinking about buying one of Jonathans "Bubble boy" crystals and installing it!?

April 18th, 2011, 5:56 pm #4

Sweet.

April 18th, 2011, 6:04 pm #5

Yes it is!
I really, really like this one!

April 18th, 2011, 7:09 pm #6

poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega

Last edited by saykobro on April 18th, 2011, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 18th, 2011, 8:52 pm #7

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

April 18th, 2011, 9:40 pm #8

I'm not really a Rolex/Tudor guy, but I bought this one specifically because it was a military issued watch. I bought it from it's last owner who was a ship's diver in the Canadian Navy. Tudor Sub and it's in great shape cosmetically:

I will put it on a NATO strap eventually, but this was the only 20 mm strap I had at the moment. Here is the watch with the ship's diver badge and photographer badge of the previous owner:

I started wearing this today, but since it had not been serviced since it was last issued in 1998, it's currently in pieces and in my cleaning machine. Now wearing my PAM 104.

Cheers, Al
Looks great considering all the service its done underwater.

Love those decal patches too. Nice addition, with some great history.

cheers,
Dave

April 18th, 2011, 9:41 pm #9

enjoying this one until I decide to let her go.
[/IMG]

April 18th, 2011, 9:50 pm #10

Cheers, Al
poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega