What's with the 'legal action' mentioned in the scrolling banner?

February 20th, 2012, 3:56 pm #1

February 20th, 2012, 5:40 pm #2

against myself and Network 54. This is all related to the various threads on the Cafe which document what Poseidon-Jim has been up to for the past 6 years or so. It goes from the stolen watch from Jose Sotto, to the crap sold to Russel Iadanza and Dean using pics of different watches than they watch sold to them etc. If these threads were removed then there would be no more legal threats and I would probably stop receiving the harrassing phone calls and e-mails. I strongly believe though that these threads should remain. What say the WIS out there? Should the threads on the Cafe stay or go?

February 20th, 2012, 6:30 pm #3

....remove the Cafe threads...

Seems like you have the threads and relevant info stored away nicely when needed.

The constant reminder when looking in makes my skin itch. I'd also block him from posting. If he feels the need to send belligerent messages you can post on the Cafe in a thread for all to see.

February 20th, 2012, 7:21 pm #4

Carrying this thing on now for 6 years is MORE then enough time!
Every time the subject is brought up....... it drags on and on and on! People are leaving the Forum because they are getting tired of seeing it!
I am of the VERY FIRM belief (I have no proof) that there are members on this very Forum who are also highly involved in the Troll sign in names as of late and NOT just Jimmy's doing!

February 20th, 2012, 8:15 pm #5

against myself and Network 54. This is all related to the various threads on the Cafe which document what Poseidon-Jim has been up to for the past 6 years or so. It goes from the stolen watch from Jose Sotto, to the crap sold to Russel Iadanza and Dean using pics of different watches than they watch sold to them etc. If these threads were removed then there would be no more legal threats and I would probably stop receiving the harrassing phone calls and e-mails. I strongly believe though that these threads should remain. What say the WIS out there? Should the threads on the Cafe stay or go?
more of Jimmy's posts. Enough is enough. Forget all the old troll wars and move on to have a good WATCH forum. Ask around in the watch forum community. This is really getting old and I agree with Rene that some folks have left here because of this ongoing saga.

Boomtown

February 20th, 2012, 9:28 pm #6

but mods can delete on the main forum. So.....the PJ postings had remained. Since only Mark has full control of his forum, I took it that he authorized/accepted PJ posting.

February 20th, 2012, 10:05 pm #7

more of Jimmy's posts. Enough is enough. Forget all the old troll wars and move on to have a good WATCH forum. Ask around in the watch forum community. This is really getting old and I agree with Rene that some folks have left here because of this ongoing saga.

Boomtown
Banner is coming down and I will also remove the comments about the login on the comments section above. However, my compromise is to not approve anymore of Jimmy's posts on the Cafe and things should calm down.

February 20th, 2012, 10:07 pm #8

Thanks for the feedback gang.

February 21st, 2012, 6:17 am #9

Hi. Some of those posts are mine and I would prefer to see them stay. Jimmy wants them removed as they are a barrier to further watch sales to new unsuspecting buyers. Public criticism of bad sales practices is part of the natural selection. I am not of the opinion that any regular members of this forum would be involved in any of those spurious posts. Cheers Phil

February 21st, 2012, 6:40 am #10

rather they should be locked and there should be no more replies from anyone.

They should stay as a resource to be referenced when anyone asks for a reference.

Mark has suggested that the Cafe be made read only and delinked from the main forum. This will leave it accessible by using google or if folks already have the URL.

I think this is the best compromise and it will clean this place up so we can all get back to enjoying our WIS hobby

------------------------------------------