Very interesting read - Chascomm would enjoy it !!! ........>>>>

Very interesting read - Chascomm would enjoy it !!! ........>>>>

August 10th, 2012, 2:50 pm #1

.... I was doing a little search on a diver watch I saw on a flea market a while back. On the brand name itself I havent found a whole lot other than it had a generic 17J Swiss movement and that the watch was put on the market by what used to be Clinton Watch Co. - nothing to do with politics.

And digging deeper found a very interesting read about the begining of watch making in the US and Russia. The read will take some time since its prety long but I found it extremly interesting.

Here is the link and enjoy!

http://hampdenwatches.blogspot.ca/

I don`t make things. I make things better !

August 11th, 2012, 8:45 am #2

Thanks for the reminder and the link so I can go back and read it again when I've got more time.

August 11th, 2012, 12:21 pm #3

.......... >>> i know it took me 3 evenings to read it!

August 13th, 2012, 12:42 am #4

.... I was doing a little search on a diver watch I saw on a flea market a while back. On the brand name itself I havent found a whole lot other than it had a generic 17J Swiss movement and that the watch was put on the market by what used to be Clinton Watch Co. - nothing to do with politics.

And digging deeper found a very interesting read about the begining of watch making in the US and Russia. The read will take some time since its prety long but I found it extremly interesting.

Here is the link and enjoy!

http://hampdenwatches.blogspot.ca/

Some interesting scans in there as well!

Of course, theres a lot to read & I've only skimmed it so far...

Thanks for alerting us to this!

===============================================

Seiko Matsuda
The Patron Saint of Seiko Collectors