Tuesday morn Japan....on goes the Seiko Landtrek quartz...

Tuesday morn Japan....on goes the Seiko Landtrek quartz...

April 9th, 2012, 10:07 pm #1

This is a sweet watch, matching the Omegas for accuracy ruggedness, and great lume.....so what is your best quartz watch?

April 9th, 2012, 11:36 pm #2

Is it tomorrow they cut your eye out?

I'm pretty sure that in a couple of weeks, you'll wonder why you waited and what's with these glasses???

------------------------------------------

April 9th, 2012, 11:45 pm #3

This is a sweet watch, matching the Omegas for accuracy ruggedness, and great lume.....so what is your best quartz watch?

The Sawtooth is obviously my favourite and is one of two quartz watches to get regular wrist time.

My "best" quartz presently? Must be the Seiko Kinetic dress...

It keeps very good time; although not to the accuracy of the Grand Seiko quartz I used to have. I love the central date, details to the watch and the fact that I never have to change the date. Other than setting it every couple of months to adjust for the gained seconds it is always ready to go and is rugged enough to be on the road when I am trucking; yet looks perfectly at home at the finest restaurants.

April 10th, 2012, 1:58 am #4

Is it tomorrow they cut your eye out?

I'm pretty sure that in a couple of weeks, you'll wonder why you waited and what's with these glasses???

to refill my glasses prescription. Cataract surgery is not Lasik laser. The lens is crushed and a new one is inserted to match the eyeball curavature, I think....

April 10th, 2012, 2:01 am #5

The Sawtooth is obviously my favourite and is one of two quartz watches to get regular wrist time.

My "best" quartz presently? Must be the Seiko Kinetic dress...

It keeps very good time; although not to the accuracy of the Grand Seiko quartz I used to have. I love the central date, details to the watch and the fact that I never have to change the date. Other than setting it every couple of months to adjust for the gained seconds it is always ready to go and is rugged enough to be on the road when I am trucking; yet looks perfectly at home at the finest restaurants.
Interesting how the 'old' Sawtooth model has kept your interest! I think those yearly models from early 2000 were some of Seiko's best....i.e. the Sammies, the Knights etc...even the lowly Monsters!

April 10th, 2012, 2:13 am #6

to refill my glasses prescription. Cataract surgery is not Lasik laser. The lens is crushed and a new one is inserted to match the eyeball curavature, I think....
I was told that when I have to have the cataract surgery that the old lens is removed and replaced with a plastic one with the correct prescription for my eye ball.

Crushing sounds..erm..not good!

For what it is worth, My wife's grandfather; at the age of 94; had both his eyes done and when he was finished; he no longer needed his reading glasses! He got the plastic lenses.

Last edited by Ancre-Steam on April 10th, 2012, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2012, 2:37 am #7

the other choice is more expensive. I never read up on that choice. My sis chose the expensive lens. My brother-in-law had surgery and he sees fine, I am told, except reading in darker ambient light.

If you weren't wearing glasses and had the surgery, I can see the corrected eye not having to have any prescription. In my case, I need both distance and reading glasses..

Here is a section on types of lens..http://www.medicinenet.com/cataract_surgery/page4.htm
Last edited by thianwong on April 10th, 2012, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2012, 3:05 am #8

a different prescription so that you have, in effect, bifocals.
Your brain will sort out the difference in very sort order so you don't even notice!

April 10th, 2012, 4:48 pm #9

Which remains one of my favorite watches

April 10th, 2012, 7:19 pm #10

[/IMG]