The Perpetual Son Returns..>>>>>>>

The Perpetual Son Returns..>>>>>>>

November 16th, 2010, 11:09 pm #1

This has been the bain of my Watch collecting for over a Year now.
I picked up from Ebay as a mixed Bag one of these Seiko 8F56-0030 perpetuals.
Unfortunately it was in bad shape and half the Movement missing inside,Hands missing,No Crown and Stem....Generally in really Bad Shape.Yet the Bracelet was Original and Clean and the watch Overall i thought could be salvaged if i could get the parts for this High End Seiko.Now its a well known fact to me as well as everyone else what these 8F56 movements are like for their Accuracy but try as i might in vain to get the parts and it just sat dejected in my Watch Box for over a Year after countless Posts for Help.

Off to Lew B on a whim and a prayer with my 6105 to see if he could Help.
Parts he said were like Hens Teeth yet he would do his best for me to get some suitable parts as well as the bits needed to get the movement up and running Finally.

Heres how it was bought.

Finally it arrived back today after 12mths of No Parts and a feeling of it never being Wearable again.

Lew B proved me wrong yet again....What a great Job from a good Friend.
All i did was give the case a good hour of Cleaning and heres the result.
Worthy of any Drawer Queens placement.

Theneilo uk

November 17th, 2010, 12:55 am #2

mine was made in 2000 and has no red crown stem red ring. Following models did start to show the red cosmetic ring. Landtrek is the adventure name for our models, Neil, and we belong to a select small group of owners! Sharkfin Dave found his too!

November 17th, 2010, 1:11 am #3

Unfortunately it was in bad shape and half the Movement missing inside,Hands missing,No Crown and Stem....Generally in really Bad Shape.Yet the Bracelet was Original and Clean and the watch Overall i thought could be salvaged if i could get the parts for this High End Seiko.Now its a well known fact to me as well as everyone else what these 8F56 movements are like for their Accuracy but try as i might in vain to get the parts and it just sat dejected in my Watch Box for over a Year after countless Posts for Help.

Parts he said were like Hens Teeth yet he would do his best for me to get some suitable parts as well as the bits needed to get the movement up and running Finally.

Heres how it was bought.

Finally it arrived back today after 12mths of No Parts and a feeling of it never being Wearable again.

Theneilo uk

Boomtown

November 17th, 2010, 2:07 am #4

Heres how it was bought.

Theneilo uk

........... but you`ll probably wanna wear it now so I guess I`ll keep searching.

I don`t make things. I make things better !

November 17th, 2010, 9:33 am #5

Heres how it was bought.

Theneilo uk

That is one of the few 8F56 with a 24h rotating bezel!

Do you have any idea how much the replacement movement was ? (and generally how easy is to find one ?)
Last edited by xdesk on November 17th, 2010, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 17th, 2010, 10:40 am #6

mine was made in 2000 and has no red crown stem red ring. Following models did start to show the red cosmetic ring. Landtrek is the adventure name for our models, Neil, and we belong to a select small group of owners! Sharkfin Dave found his too!

Landtrek it is then.I do have the Milemarker as well Thian but never wear it.

Theneilo uk

Last edited by theneilo1 on November 17th, 2010, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 17th, 2010, 10:41 am #7

Boomtown

Plus i just Knew it could be brought back to life at some point.Lew B did a great service for me.

Theneilo uk

November 17th, 2010, 10:44 am #8

Landtrek it is then.I do have the Milemarker as well Thian but never wear it.

Theneilo uk

I had the former Fieldmaster with the left Lanyard and it kept digging into my arm...too bad there weren't a way to remove it...haha!

November 17th, 2010, 10:44 am #9

........... but you`ll probably wanna wear it now so I guess I`ll keep searching.

I don`t make things. I make things better !
Im not a Flipper im afraid Leslie,Hence my Collection is getting extreme now.I do have a nice Milemarker with the same Movement that i never wear,Strange that!!!

Theneilo uk

November 17th, 2010, 10:46 am #10

I had the former Fieldmaster with the left Lanyard and it kept digging into my arm...too bad there weren't a way to remove it...haha!
Try bending down to pick something up with your wrists bent and you will do yourself an Injury with that watch on.Mines Mint Thian and it may be going at some point.

Theneilo uk