Thanks for your notes of sympathy on the wife's slipped disc...

Thanks for your notes of sympathy on the wife's slipped disc...

January 28th, 2012, 7:56 pm #1

It was really upsetting to see the wife in such pain, lying in bed and not being able to move an inch! The paramedics came and strapped her down and carried her to the ambulance.....

Meanwhile, she bid and won this Alpinist 6R15 version for me. Well, incapacitated, she could not email the guy during yesterday. But she emailed our son in Osaka, who contacted the owner for me, within the alotted time! If we hadn't, we would have gotten a bad report, which would have really ruined our buying reputation! (Japanese are sensitive to keeping good 'face'.

To illustrate how inflated watch prices have become, I spotted the 4S15 light beige Alpinist  on the auction starting at over $1000usd!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 6R15 version, with no other bidder, was won at $349usd!

January 28th, 2012, 8:37 pm #2

Your wife slips a disc and you get a new watch...so if my wife slips a disc will I get a new watch too?

Nice catch and I'm glad that you guys managed to 'keep face'; most folks here wouldn't really understand that.

------------------------------------------

January 28th, 2012, 8:48 pm #3

in her condition, but she is an angel about such matters with the auction and my watches. Reputation is very important, at least to the older traditional Japanese. The youngsters, like our kids in their 20s, are changing....

January 28th, 2012, 9:51 pm #4

like this.
I used to be that a man's word was all that was needed. Today, with the Internet, and the 'me, me, me' attitude of many societies; a man's word means nothing...honour and trust are just a dusty words in the dictionary

January 29th, 2012, 5:38 am #5

It was really upsetting to see the wife in such pain, lying in bed and not being able to move an inch! The paramedics came and strapped her down and carried her to the ambulance.....

Meanwhile, she bid and won this Alpinist 6R15 version for me. Well, incapacitated, she could not email the guy during yesterday. But she emailed our son in Osaka, who contacted the owner for me, within the alotted time! If we hadn't, we would have gotten a bad report, which would have really ruined our buying reputation! (Japanese are sensitive to keeping good 'face'.

To illustrate how inflated watch prices have become, I spotted the 4S15 light beige Alpinist  on the auction starting at over $1000usd!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 6R15 version, with no other bidder, was won at $349usd!

injured, incapacitated, and she still does it all for ya T-man!
Bless her heart!

Nice score on the cool greeny alpy!
Ya, seems those are all out of control, sky rocket prices keep me from getting one.

cheers, hope the wifey gets better.
Dave

January 29th, 2012, 11:57 am #6

And I mean both the watch and the wife I join the group wishing her speedy recovery.

Isn't the 4S15 a 28800 bph version of the 4R15?

January 29th, 2012, 4:52 pm #7

Your wife slips a disc and you get a new watch...so if my wife slips a disc will I get a new watch too?

Nice catch and I'm glad that you guys managed to 'keep face'; most folks here wouldn't really understand that.

Well...my wife has chronic back issues and I do seem to keep getting watches so...

January 29th, 2012, 4:58 pm #8

I'm in

January 29th, 2012, 5:01 pm #9

And I mean both the watch and the wife I join the group wishing her speedy recovery.

Isn't the 4S15 a 28800 bph version of the 4R15?
with the new 4R series which is based on the 7sxx calibre.

I believe the 4s was based on the much earlier 5xxx watches.

The 4s calibre watches were definitely mid tier while the new 4r calibre watches are only priced that way.

January 29th, 2012, 8:30 pm #10

have been the original model after which the 4S15 could have been copied. The 4S15/12 were issued for only 2 years in 1992ish? There was the scuba diver ti 4s15 rare one which I bought for a 'high' price then of $350usd!!!

Then guys began to search for the dress versions of the 4S2x.....