Something just a bit different............

Something just a bit different............

May 24th, 2012, 7:39 pm #1

I recently purchased a MOD watch that had one of Jonathans Bubble Boy crystals in it and love the looks but wanted something similiar for my SKXA35.
Jonathan had a crystal that was domed and would fit my watch but when it arrived it just didnt fit the bill as the dome was barely noticible!
Back to the drawing board he went and after ruining several blanks he came up with this...............

The over all look is AWESOME and tho not as high domed as the original BB it gives it just enough dome to make a difference and looks GREAT!!

May 25th, 2012, 2:09 am #2

I'm not sure if a domed crystal is what I want on my watches...the are exposed to scratches and seem to be difficult to photograph.

------------------------------------------

May 25th, 2012, 3:09 am #3

I think you might like them!
They are indeed a booger to photograph and as far as scratching goes......I have had NO problems with either of mine!
I'm going to order one for my 6105-8110 and another for a 6309

May 25th, 2012, 10:20 pm #4

I'm not sure if a domed crystal is what I want on my watches...the are exposed to scratches and seem to be difficult to photograph.

------------------------------------------

The original Bubble Boy is very thick, very strong and very hard. I assume the Bubble Boy II (for 2nd gen 7002 cases and 7s26-002x cases) will be just as durable. This is an excerpt from an SCWF post from last May:

"As far as scratch resistance goes...I purposely put one of mine through a torture test of sorts....Heck, I even dropped a 1 lb. hammer directly on the the crystal from a 3 foot height...Guess what...Not a scratch!
I don't know what the rockwell hardness scale is on one of these, but if it will handle a hammer drop it can pretty much handle day to day wear without extra precautions. The geometry of the crystal seems to deflect impacts that would normally cause a scratch on an otherwise flat surface."
Last edited by sjbrook on May 25th, 2012, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 10:43 pm #5

Not too high, not too low!
It really adds to the watch!