SLOW WEEK on ALL the various Forums....

SLOW WEEK on ALL the various Forums....

July 22nd, 2011, 3:33 am #1

... must be due to the heat !! maybe we need to talk Religion or Politics to get ANY response !

July 22nd, 2011, 3:46 am #2

I'm on holidays visiting mom & friends in London, ON and as I write this, it's 82F but with the humidity it feels like 97F! Unbelievable. Aside from the extended dust-up on the cafe things are a tad quiet but I nonetheless scored a little coup on the watch front today. It's no big deal really but for years now, I've been trying to source a 2 pce Zulu type 22mm strap in Navy blue. After farting around on the internet whilst mom caught some zzz's this afternon, I stumbled on some posted on eBay and I have to admit, I'm kinda pumped! I gotta get out more....

Russ

July 22nd, 2011, 3:49 am #3

... must be due to the heat !! maybe we need to talk Religion or Politics to get ANY response !
For example the almost religious fervor of Euro preferenced guys over any other watches....some distain any other micro brands, Chinese watches etc...Japanese brands are inferior blah blah....true or false!?

We all know how politics has influenced brand marketing..ie...Omega marketed in special boutiques now. How Swatch is controlling the sale of its ETAs....

Feel free to add any of your thoughts in this direction!

July 22nd, 2011, 3:51 am #4

I'm on holidays visiting mom & friends in London, ON and as I write this, it's 82F but with the humidity it feels like 97F! Unbelievable. Aside from the extended dust-up on the cafe things are a tad quiet but I nonetheless scored a little coup on the watch front today. It's no big deal really but for years now, I've been trying to source a 2 pce Zulu type 22mm strap in Navy blue. After farting around on the internet whilst mom caught some zzz's this afternon, I stumbled on some posted on eBay and I have to admit, I'm kinda pumped! I gotta get out more....

Russ
most of the time, since I think they eventually scratch the caseback!

July 22nd, 2011, 4:01 am #5

For example the almost religious fervor of Euro preferenced guys over any other watches....some distain any other micro brands, Chinese watches etc...Japanese brands are inferior blah blah....true or false!?

We all know how politics has influenced brand marketing..ie...Omega marketed in special boutiques now. How Swatch is controlling the sale of its ETAs....

Feel free to add any of your thoughts in this direction!
.... those d**n Swiss ! Don't they KNOW the CHINESE invented the watch ! They just waited for the Swiss to do all the R&D work and now are taking over the business ! What's gonna happen to all those little Elves in Switzerland and Germany ? And what about all the Ninja watchmakers n Japan. There needs to be a LAW against this sort of thing

July 22nd, 2011, 4:04 am #6

most of the time, since I think they eventually scratch the caseback!
Westcoast Time, Broadarrow etc. I always felt like compromising by going with a blue rubber or silicon jobbie so hopefully these will fill the bill. My preference for the two pce is because I don't care for the gap between the lugs and the side of my wrist that results with using a one pce. Your point about the wear on the caseback is a good one although I'm indifferent about casebacks anyways.

Russ

July 22nd, 2011, 4:07 am #7

.... those d**n Swiss ! Don't they KNOW the CHINESE invented the watch ! They just waited for the Swiss to do all the R&D work and now are taking over the business ! What's gonna happen to all those little Elves in Switzerland and Germany ? And what about all the Ninja watchmakers n Japan. There needs to be a LAW against this sort of thing
Russ

July 22nd, 2011, 4:12 am #8

.... Capo of the Cosa Nostra, Marco Polo That's the basis of the Mafia and Cosa Nostra's fortunes - SPAGHETI !!

July 22nd, 2011, 4:13 am #9

Russ
Marco Polo

------------------------------------------

July 22nd, 2011, 4:19 am #10

.... But WHO invented Vermicelli ?