safe in Vancouver.....the wife could not sleep

safe in Vancouver.....the wife could not sleep

March 11th, 2011, 3:15 pm #1

this Friday 2am in the morning and was online when she hear the news! I had rolled over and saw the room light on and heard her say a quake hit Japan!
It hit north of Tokyo...8.9 magnitude...
We watched CNN for 3 hours ...the wife emailed our kids on Osaka and they were safe...no tremors there.

Thanks for all your concern. NOw...can we return on the 17th ...is the question....will the airport be open then?

March 11th, 2011, 3:37 pm #2

Have been checking to see if you were ok. Someone on your Facebook page was asking about you too. I hope you don't mind, I told them you were in Vancouver but didn't know anything else. I had checked there first thing to see if you were all ok.
Last edited by Moshannon on March 11th, 2011, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2011, 3:54 pm #3

this Friday 2am in the morning and was online when she hear the news! I had rolled over and saw the room light on and heard her say a quake hit Japan!
We watched CNN for 3 hours ...the wife emailed our kids on Osaka and they were safe...no tremors there.

Thanks for all your concern. NOw...can we return on the 17th ...is the question....will the airport be open then?
I'm glad to hear that you and the family are OK Thian, and that you were not in Japan when the quake hit. Best of luck returning home and I hope that all your friends and belonging weathered the quake and the floods.

GO HOKIES

March 11th, 2011, 3:55 pm #4

that you and your family are OK. I hope you can get home on schedule, too.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

March 11th, 2011, 4:04 pm #5

Have been checking to see if you were ok. Someone on your Facebook page was asking about you too. I hope you don't mind, I told them you were in Vancouver but didn't know anything else. I had checked there first thing to see if you were all ok.
facebook updated...things are fine with the family where we live, and the wife and I are in Canada for another week...will see how the airports are next week

March 11th, 2011, 4:05 pm #6

I'm glad to hear that you and the family are OK Thian, and that you were not in Japan when the quake hit. Best of luck returning home and I hope that all your friends and belonging weathered the quake and the floods.

GO HOKIES
and most are safe but scared..

March 11th, 2011, 4:06 pm #7

Hi Thian,

I was up late last night and have the NOAA weather alert system on my PC, I was looking Yahoo JP auctions over and saw the alert of the 8.9 huge quake right when it hit @ approx. 2:46pm GMT, and I stayed up till around 5am this morning our time EST. I also watched actual real time film of the Tsunami measuring up to 10 meters high or approx. 35 foot walls of waves moving at over 10 meters per second hit many areas of low lying ground and ports both commercial & residential areas & city harbors in various parts of Japan.

There's a great deal of destruction, and I hope that it subsides quickly and that it's not as bad as it looks, but I know it's one of the (worst disasters) in Japan's history in over 140 years.

Our "Prayers & Thoughts" are with all the people in & around Japan.

Sincerely,

Jimmy

March 11th, 2011, 4:07 pm #8

that you and your family are OK. I hope you can get home on schedule, too.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan
to hold my CWC watch for me until I see the airports are open! hahha!

March 11th, 2011, 4:09 pm #9

Hi Thian,

I was up late last night and have the NOAA weather alert system on my PC, I was looking Yahoo JP auctions over and saw the alert of the 8.9 huge quake right when it hit @ approx. 2:46pm GMT, and I stayed up till around 5am this morning our time EST. I also watched actual real time film of the Tsunami measuring up to 10 meters high or approx. 35 foot walls of waves moving at over 10 meters per second hit many areas of low lying ground and ports both commercial & residential areas & city harbors in various parts of Japan.

There's a great deal of destruction, and I hope that it subsides quickly and that it's not as bad as it looks, but I know it's one of the (worst disasters) in Japan's history in over 140 years.

Our "Prayers & Thoughts" are with all the people in & around Japan.

Sincerely,

Jimmy
and gonna nap an hour before we go about our agenda here in Vancouver...

March 11th, 2011, 4:25 pm #10

Cheers,

Ed

Visit my website:
EdHeffington.com