OT...picked up a bloody trojan called Clean This....so..

OT...picked up a bloody trojan called Clean This....so..

April 14th, 2011, 9:18 pm #1

am trying to remove it...I might not post much ...luckily only World3 was not affected. FF was...

have read several FIX sites...will try system restore  but the wife has to find it (japanese OS!)

April 14th, 2011, 9:24 pm #2

prophylactic.

poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega

April 14th, 2011, 9:41 pm #3

nt

April 14th, 2011, 9:46 pm #4

am trying to remove it...I might not post much ...luckily only World3 was not affected. FF was...

have read several FIX sites...will try system restore  but the wife has to find it (japanese OS!)
can't access Flickr now...bummer nt

April 15th, 2011, 12:01 am #5

That trojan nuked a laptop of mine. If you ever find yourself on a website that has that "system check" come up immediately do the alt-control-delete and go into task manager and then shut down your browser. Then when your browser rebooks do not choose to resume your last browsing session.

Just by trying to get off of the nefarious webpage you can expose yourself to that awful trojan.

April 15th, 2011, 12:23 am #6

with her Windows 7 disk...bummer...but a learning experience ugh

April 15th, 2011, 1:58 am #7

If you had ditched the MS mal ware to start with and adopted properly, you would never have had to deal with this

Somehow I doubt even this will convince you to configure one machine for Linux only and find out you really, really don't need Microsuct

------------------------------------------

April 15th, 2011, 2:53 am #8

That trojan nuked a laptop of mine. If you ever find yourself on a website that has that "system check" come up immediately do the alt-control-delete and go into task manager and then shut down your browser. Then when your browser rebooks do not choose to resume your last browsing session.

Just by trying to get off of the nefarious webpage you can expose yourself to that awful trojan.
...... I had that "System check" crap pop-up from nowhere on my desktop and before I was going to do anything, it started running itself. Once it starts, couldn`t stop it even with the Ctrl+Alt+Del. When it finishes running, it kept redirecting me to a weird site to download something. It absolutely didn`t let me run Disc Cleaner nor let me open my Norton Anti-virus. Couldn`t even open the Control Panel folder...
Finaly got around it by re-starting the desktop. When the comp starts to boot up, I had 5 sec to "Press the space bar" and that opened my Norton Anti-virus. From there, I selected the "GoBack" feature which is a auto save feature of Norton and that will save the comp settings every so often. I selected a previous save, clicked on it, got promted that desktop will return its setting to that selected time & date and then I pressed OK.
When the desktop loaded all the programs, the "System Check" crap virus wasn`t there anymore. I know its still in the computer, on the hard drive, but over time, the Norton will delete the older "previous saved" desktop setting.

I don`t make things. I make things better !

April 15th, 2011, 3:01 am #9

nt

April 15th, 2011, 3:05 am #10

If you had ditched the MS mal ware to start with and adopted properly, you would never have had to deal with this

Somehow I doubt even this will convince you to configure one machine for Linux only and find out you really, really don't need Microsuct

------------------------------------------

poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega