OT........ OK guys....... this one is REALLY far out

OT........ OK guys....... this one is REALLY far out

November 30th, 2010, 5:47 pm #1

and has absolutely nothing to do about watches!!!
On a regular chat board I visit daily the subject often (daily in fact) comes up about food and cooking and Meatloaf came up once again.......... somehow meatloaf and Ketchup became the prime topic of the day! I am NOT a Ketchup eater or fan and it was amazing to me how many people responded saying that they use ketchup in their meatloaf recipe and also they use it for many other things such as to put it on hot dogs of all things, eggs and even steaks! I told them that ketchup would NEVER touch my lips and why ruin perfectly good food by using it!! Most thought I was crazy and wondered how I could NOT like or use ketchup!
Each to their own I guess............
SOooooooooooooooo what I want to know is how many of you use ketchup on their foods and which foods do you use it on??
PLEASE dont tell me that you use it on hot dogs!!!!

November 30th, 2010, 6:16 pm #2

Mustard and ketchup are the two main ingredients of a good hot dog...and sometimes relish, onions, mushrooms, bacon

It also goes on fries, tater tots and fish that is battered.

It goes on meat loaf but depends on the loaf itself.

It never goes on steak or other meats.

------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ancre-Steam on November 30th, 2010, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 30th, 2010, 7:59 pm #3

.... that's how Yankees do their Hot Dogs. Ya put MUSTARD, onions, jalapenos, chili and cheese on Hot Dogs But you DEFINATELY use catsup on fries and just about everything else ('cept steak of course ) Catsup and Hot Sauce, the universal condiments of life

November 30th, 2010, 8:21 pm #4

------------------------------------------

November 30th, 2010, 8:37 pm #5

On a regular chat board I visit daily the subject often (daily in fact) comes up about food and cooking and Meatloaf came up once again.......... somehow meatloaf and Ketchup became the prime topic of the day! I am NOT a Ketchup eater or fan and it was amazing to me how many people responded saying that they use ketchup in their meatloaf recipe and also they use it for many other things such as to put it on hot dogs of all things, eggs and even steaks! I told them that ketchup would NEVER touch my lips and why ruin perfectly good food by using it!! Most thought I was crazy and wondered how I could NOT like or use ketchup!
SOooooooooooooooo what I want to know is how many of you use ketchup on their foods and which foods do you use it on??
only on fries and hot dogs.
Sometimes I mix ketchup and sirachi/hot sauce with fried zoodles, er, I mean noodles. hehe.

November 30th, 2010, 8:45 pm #6

see Michael's "Catsup". Anyway, yeah I love it on hgotdogs with mustard.
Fries get smothered in Ketchup. I know people who put them on scrambled eggs.
My wife loves it with bacon.

November 30th, 2010, 8:52 pm #7

food heritage hahaha! The wife was stupified when I first arrived and used the red stuff on things she had never seen! hehehe! but now, when she sets the table, out come the ketchup and mayonnaise! hahahaha!

November 30th, 2010, 9:15 pm #8

you. It's got the anti-oxidant thing going for it too.

December 1st, 2010, 2:00 am #9

(or sometimes Ketchup if is is made to an authentic American recipe) and it is generally regarded as the most universal of all condiments.

In this part of the world, 'pie' means something with meat in it, and tomato sauce is pretty much mandatory. Sauce is also used on any kind of barbequed red meat. It is also commonly used with such dishes as meatloaf, shepherd's pie, etc.

My children will not have sauce with chips (what you call 'fries'), but they demand it with fish fingers.

I'm not a great tomato sauce consumer, but I must have it in hot dogs and burgers and usually with sausages. But I occasionally like other sauces too, e.g. HP, worchestershire, tonkatsu, etc.

December 1st, 2010, 4:24 pm #10

tonkatsu is a new one to me. What is it? Oh, and tomato sauce here is entirely different from ketchup/catsup.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan
Last edited by RatBob44 on December 1st, 2010, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.