OT DUMB computer question..........

OT DUMB computer question..........

June 27th, 2011, 5:07 pm #1

What is the name of the blue SLIDING bar at the bottom of the page called? You know........ the Blue bar that slides back and forth and scrolls the page from side to side so you can view all of the page? I'm trying to make mine smaller so I dont have to scroll in order to read all the text on the page but cant figure out what that bar is called or how to make it smaller.
TIA

June 27th, 2011, 5:25 pm #2

------------------------------------------

June 27th, 2011, 5:29 pm #3

you dont have to scroll all the time?

June 27th, 2011, 5:56 pm #4

just the stuff in the window boundaries?

If it's the whole screen then your display needs to be set up properly(was it like this before you had the virus removed? ).

If it's just the window content then try holding down the CTRL key while hitting the + or - on the right hand keypad(make sure NUM LOCK is off.

June 27th, 2011, 6:03 pm #5

The guy had re-set my resolution to something other then I had it before so I changed it back to what I originally had and that helped but the bar now needs to be changed so I can view the entire text content.

June 27th, 2011, 6:39 pm #6

reducing the size of the text/display in the window is the only way to get it all in and remove the scroll bar.

Like I said; simply hold down the CTRL key and hit the (-) key until the scroll bar goes away

BTW...you can use this trick to increase or decrease what's in the window at any time.
I use it to read those scanned magazine articles that look too small to read; works great!