May 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm #21

we ALL know it was a Government sanctioned COVERT operation and we will NEVER know the full story of the incident as we all know the Government will never tell us the truth about it!

May 2nd, 2011, 9:49 pm #22

Check out google maps update:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=9 ... tIQ&dtab=0

Click on the map on the right and zoom in. If you switch to satelite view, you can see a pretty good view of the place.

GO HOKIES
Last edited by Isthmus on May 2nd, 2011, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2011, 9:53 pm #23

that calls into question some of the details being reported:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ma ... tabad-raid

It seems the pakistani's were in on at least some of the preparation, despite official denials. Also it seems one helicopter was indeed damaged and the seals blew it up themselves. if so, then the reports of no casualties and a helicopter crash would both seem to be correct.

EDIT:

Found a picture of the helicopter:

and an article with more pics from inside the house and diagrams of the the compound:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -dead.html

GO HOKIES
Gabe, don't believe everything thats posted even on that UK guardian site which has great info usually. (I know we have to use the media to get an idea of the full story, as we both agree that it's the only way to gather info, but we need to take it with a grain of salt sometimes)

Listen, we know & can clearly see that some of the Officials in Pakistan knew & aided OBL and gave him sactuary at that compound...So therefore our CIA & Military Intel officers also had these same thoughts I'm sure and for good reason. So why then would we ever tip our hat ahead of time before the mission was enacted?

We don't have that much trust to think that a leak couldn't happen in advance of the mission, atleast under our breath we don't and we just purely would not offer that Mission plan ahead of time.

Sure Pakistan has helped supposedly arrest and detain many Terrorist in the past 5-6 years as sort of a partner on this war on terrorist, but it appears that  while they were grabbing small fries, they or a few also were helping to aid & hide Bin laden at the same time...

Thanks & appreciate the interaction,

Jim

May 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm #24

we ALL know it was a Government sanctioned COVERT operation and we will NEVER know the full story of the incident as we all know the Government will never tell us the truth about it!
Gabe & I are just trying to figure out a few things on our own accord & sure we will never know the full Mission or details there of just as you have said.

Thanks guys & enjoyed the chat!

Jim

May 2nd, 2011, 10:22 pm #25

All that was being said was that different sources are reporting (and providing at least some evidence) of events not reported or reported differently by the official line. It's kind of nice to see the expanded picture and that in this modern world of instant communication, even "covert" operations don't stay all that covert for long (at least not when people and their smart phones take an interest.

GO HOKIES

May 2nd, 2011, 10:26 pm #26

DONT get all bent out of shape Gabe........ NO-ONE is arguing!
All I simply said is that we will NEVER know the TRUE story as the Government will simply cover it up! They tell us what they want us to know...... nothing more.....nothing less!

May 2nd, 2011, 10:26 pm #27

Gabe, don't believe everything thats posted even on that UK guardian site which has great info usually. (I know we have to use the media to get an idea of the full story, as we both agree that it's the only way to gather info, but we need to take it with a grain of salt sometimes)

Listen, we know & can clearly see that some of the Officials in Pakistan knew & aided OBL and gave him sactuary at that compound...So therefore our CIA & Military Intel officers also had these same thoughts I'm sure and for good reason. So why then would we ever tip our hat ahead of time before the mission was enacted?

We don't have that much trust to think that a leak couldn't happen in advance of the mission, atleast under our breath we don't and we just purely would not offer that Mission plan ahead of time.

Sure Pakistan has helped supposedly arrest and detain many Terrorist in the past 5-6 years as sort of a partner on this war on terrorist, but it appears that  while they were grabbing small fries, they or a few also were helping to aid & hide Bin laden at the same time...

Thanks & appreciate the interaction,

Jim
I'm just saying that that is what is being reported. IN all fairness. The US could have easily used a Pakistani Airbase to launch the assault from without telling the pakistani's the truth of what they intended to do or exactly what it was they were doing. such a set up could make both the guardian's claims and the pakistani military's claims actually true.

I'm sure in time an accurate telling of events and the major parties involved will come out, as it usually does.

GO HOKIES

May 2nd, 2011, 10:28 pm #28

DONT get all bent out of shape Gabe........ NO-ONE is arguing!
All I simply said is that we will NEVER know the TRUE story as the Government will simply cover it up! They tell us what they want us to know...... nothing more.....nothing less!
and not arguing in the sense you thought. I meant the term "arguing" as in discussing the point, not fighting over it. No problem here at all.

GO HOKIES

May 2nd, 2011, 10:33 pm #29

May 3rd, 2011, 1:53 am #30

I'm just saying that that is what is being reported. IN all fairness. The US could have easily used a Pakistani Airbase to launch the assault from without telling the pakistani's the truth of what they intended to do or exactly what it was they were doing. such a set up could make both the guardian's claims and the pakistani military's claims actually true.

I'm sure in time an accurate telling of events and the major parties involved will come out, as it usually does.

GO HOKIES
it will be dismissed as conspiracy theory

------------------------------------------