Original 6105 Overhauled on its way back to me.Cant wait..>>>

Original 6105 Overhauled on its way back to me.Cant wait..>>>

November 2nd, 2010, 9:12 pm #1

Bought this 6105 a couple of months back from a good source in the UK.Totally Original with a battered strap and looking a bit worse for wear.Crystal was in bad shape,gaskets probably needed replacing,Casework needed to be done etc etc.All told looking through the battered crystal the dial and hands looked in great shape.
Off to Jonathan Koch for the main work,case refurb to a not too pristine condition as i wanted to keep the slightly worn look,new gaskets,new crystal which Jonathan makes himself then off to Lew B for a full overhaul of movement.
Two great guys for the Tag Team you would want working on such a grail.Its on its way back to me completed now and i look forward to getting it on the wrist.
Heres some shots of when i bought it and took the movement out to check the dial as well as two shots of Jonathans work in progress.

Before pics when i bought it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Now The Dial after i took it out of the case to inspect it.
Looks great.

[/IMG]

Now after Jonathan has done the casework which i did not want pefect,crystal,gaskets etc.Its been to Lew B for the service and is now complete.Just waiting for the arrival.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looking like its going to be a keeper now.All i need is a new Strap.

Theneilo uk

November 2nd, 2010, 9:21 pm #2

Congrats!
Did you keep the 2nds hand on yours or did you replace it?
I sure could use a new one!!

November 2nd, 2010, 10:14 pm #3

Bought this 6105 a couple of months back from a good source in the UK.Totally Original with a battered strap and looking a bit worse for wear.Crystal was in bad shape,gaskets probably needed replacing,Casework needed to be done etc etc.All told looking through the battered crystal the dial and hands looked in great shape.
Off to Jonathan Koch for the main work,case refurb to a not too pristine condition as i wanted to keep the slightly worn look,new gaskets,new crystal which Jonathan makes himself then off to Lew B for a full overhaul of movement.
Two great guys for the Tag Team you would want working on such a grail.Its on its way back to me completed now and i look forward to getting it on the wrist.
Heres some shots of when i bought it and took the movement out to check the dial as well as two shots of Jonathans work in progress.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks great.

[/IMG]

Now after Jonathan has done the casework which i did not want pefect,crystal,gaskets etc.Its been to Lew B for the service and is now complete.Just waiting for the arrival.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

So nice, its just been used and need some outer TLC.
Looks amazing now. Great restore, looks shiney and new.
Enjoy that classic. Hope to get mine back some day.

November 2nd, 2010, 10:31 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks great.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

TREAT!
Wow Neilo this baby is superb. this is a keeper for sure The dial looks just about new. Just a mini tiny bit wabied, perfect IMO
Well done dude!
Now the strap thing... I love mine on a simple super Oyster with Jonathan endlinks. simple and super comfy. Came this way and I never felt the need to change

[/IMG]

Never a waste of time to look at a watch
Last edited by Jeje3325 on November 2nd, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2010, 10:33 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks great.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

nt

November 3rd, 2010, 1:42 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks great.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

You LUCKY dog

November 3rd, 2010, 6:11 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks great.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

She's a fine looking specimen mate, well done!

I've never owned a 6105 diver, never been able to find one with a decent dial and hands at a reasonable price, so I've always passed on them. (Always wishing to locate a nice one though)

Cheers,

Jim

November 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm #8

Congrats!
Did you keep the 2nds hand on yours or did you replace it?
I sure could use a new one!!
The whole dial was mint looking through the battered Crystal so i assume the hands are original.Jonathan seems to think they are so ive just left the watch as is refurbed with no relume.The lume by the way is non existent but i think its bettter to keep it that way.

Theneilo uk

November 4th, 2010, 12:07 pm #9

So nice, its just been used and need some outer TLC.
Looks amazing now. Great restore, looks shiney and new.
Enjoy that classic. Hope to get mine back some day.
After the work has been done now.Im going to use my MM waffle on it so im hoping that does the trick.Im a bracelet guy so no doubt i will maybe try one of Yobokies new Hammer bracelets on it.The whole watch is Original from 1977 i think.

Theneilo uk

November 4th, 2010, 12:10 pm #10

TREAT!
Wow Neilo this baby is superb. this is a keeper for sure The dial looks just about new. Just a mini tiny bit wabied, perfect IMO
Well done dude!
Now the strap thing... I love mine on a simple super Oyster with Jonathan endlinks. simple and super comfy. Came this way and I never felt the need to change

[/IMG]

Never a waste of time to look at a watch
Nice pic of yours by the way.
Im going to spend some more time on here now as most of the guys seem to be here and its a bit more like home.
Bracelet wise JeJe i do like yours and you know im a bracelet guy yet im going to try my MM Waffle rubber on it first as its not getting used then stick a bracelet on it later with solid endlinks like you say.
Nice to see you here Jeje.

Theneilo uk