Ok, its already WAY past Christmas ........................>>>

Ok, its already WAY past Christmas ........................>>>

December 28th, 2010, 2:35 am #1

......... yet no one seem to say anything about what they had under the tree. FINE!
For example I didn`t have a watch or anything watch related. However, one of the most important things was this:

Those who watched it and loved every minute of it, can understand and appreciate the what used to be one of the best TV series ever.

Over the past few days of Christmas, I could take my mind of it yet I also couldn`t watch it since we always had family and other guest over at our house but now that`s over. Which means that I will be dissapearing for aproximately 24 hours (including bathroom breaks) to fully enjoy the last season of "24".

I will be back 24 hours from now... See ya....

I don`t make things. I make things better !

December 28th, 2010, 2:52 am #2

A new 18v cordless Ryobi drill with charger, carrying case and 2 batteries!!

Also got this...........
A new 27" 6 drawer Kobalt tool chest!

No new watches but my B/day is in Feb. so I'm sure between now and then I'll find something!

December 28th, 2010, 4:32 am #3

......... yet no one seem to say anything about what they had under the tree. FINE!
For example I didn`t have a watch or anything watch related. However, one of the most important things was this:

Those who watched it and loved every minute of it, can understand and appreciate the what used to be one of the best TV series ever.

Over the past few days of Christmas, I could take my mind of it yet I also couldn`t watch it since we always had family and other guest over at our house but now that`s over. Which means that I will be dissapearing for aproximately 24 hours (including bathroom breaks) to fully enjoy the last season of "24".

.... your SO RIGHT as to it's being one of the BEST series on the tube!! My daughter and her family spent a month in france last year and while there picked up a Basque beret for me!! My family came from the Basque region of France to Canada back in the 1600's and to the U.S. in the early teens of the last century so it's sort of a link to some of my roots. It's an Elosequi Basica Beret in black and it is great in the winter for those of us folically challenged

December 28th, 2010, 4:39 am #4

suits you too..

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

December 28th, 2010, 5:19 pm #5

.... your SO RIGHT as to it's being one of the BEST series on the tube!! My daughter and her family spent a month in france last year and while there picked up a Basque beret for me!! My family came from the Basque region of France to Canada back in the 1600's and to the U.S. in the early teens of the last century so it's sort of a link to some of my roots. It's an Elosequi Basica Beret in black and it is great in the winter for those of us folically challenged

Michael...it's gives you a certain...je ne sais quoi. :)

December 28th, 2010, 6:42 pm #6

... certainmont ! ( Jeje PLEASE check my spelling It's been TOOO long since I've written any French )

December 28th, 2010, 6:55 pm #7

i'll post when I'm back home from holidays . nt
Last edited by sharkfinDave on December 28th, 2010, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 28th, 2010, 11:14 pm #8

... certainmont ! ( Jeje PLEASE check my spelling It's been TOOO long since I've written any French )
Nah no harm done with the spelling Michael!

Its the spirit that counts!

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

December 29th, 2010, 6:03 am #9

I am, family wise, more American than you, even though I live in New Zealand.. What a strange world we live in..

Family moved from Wales in the 1600s to Basking Ridge, New Jersey.. Grandfather worked in Germnay pre WW2 and married and Englishwoman. They had my father in Germany.. Moved to England before the beginning of WW2.. Once war finished, Dad old enough to go to US where he joined the USAAF, later the USAF.. Posted to Germany as part of the Occupying Force.. Later posted to Paris where he met my mother who was English and worked at the British Embassy.. Fell in love, got married and had me..

As for the French connection.. I cannot 'pretend' to be French.. Seems that people born to foreign Nationals in France cannot be French.. Never mind, I would be either American or English.. wrong again.. Dad's family had been out of the US for too long and because of the war couldn't get to the US before my Dad's 14th birthday.. Which meant he couldn't pass on US citizenship.. Mum was British, but the Brits only passed citizenship through the father.. Oh well, Stateless would have to do until I was naturalized US at the age of two..

Also on the French connection.. seems my wife's family fled from France to Scotland as a number of families did due to persecution..

Hey, we could be related..

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

December 29th, 2010, 10:11 am #10

.... when I said "... my family" I was refering to my father's side. My mothers family came from Wales at the turn of the 19th century ( around 1900, on her fathers side ) and her mothers family had come from Scotland in the 1700s ! So I'm a true "American", a cultural mongrel in the world. A real product of that "melting pot" aspect of this country! And to top it all off, I live and was raised in Texas !