OK gang.......... help me decide

OK gang.......... help me decide

June 3rd, 2011, 8:08 pm #1

or at least give me some suggestions!
My beautiful Bulova is set to arrive sometime next week and I want to change straps. I am looking for either a Black or a Brown leather w/o contrast stitching.
I'm thinking along the lines of perhaps a Croc, Gator or perhaps even a nice Lizard grain.........
How about it......... what would you suggest?

June 3rd, 2011, 8:28 pm #2

about my dark green strap is that the eye goes right to the watch itself....so any dark color will do, depending on your own preference.....you might have other 20mm leather straps hanging around...so just put the Bulova (when it arrives) up against those other colored straps!  The watch has a formal look to it (being a Rolex homage) and I love how the light catches the silver markers and coin edge bezel!

June 3rd, 2011, 8:35 pm #3

lately more and more I have been getting into Silver dials!
Hey Thian.......... do you happen to know what the mm diameter of the dial face is not to include the bezel? I wanted to compare the size to that of my Zodiac GMT and truly think the Bulova has more actual dial size!

June 3rd, 2011, 8:49 pm #4

with my old eyes, the ruler reads 35mm bezel edge to edge...and 37mm to crown.

June 3rd, 2011, 8:52 pm #5

That makes it about 2mm more then my GMT
Last edited by time_watcher on June 3rd, 2011, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 3rd, 2011, 8:54 pm #6

My beautiful Bulova is set to arrive sometime next week and I want to change straps. I am looking for either a Black or a Brown leather w/o contrast stitching.
I'm thinking along the lines of perhaps a Croc, Gator or perhaps even a nice Lizard grain.........

Thian is right, anything goes. How about snakeskin? hehe nt

June 3rd, 2011, 8:57 pm #7

had crossed my mind! A grey one!

June 4th, 2011, 8:56 am #8

... those - but be aware that you should talk to the seller if you have a large wrist!!!

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/li ... IZARD.html

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/cr ... ODILE.html

June 4th, 2011, 11:54 am #9

... it looks to be a winner! I have the Orient models of it (4 variations) and 3 of them are on Honey Deluxe Croc straps w/dbl. button deployent catches ( buckles are HELL on Croc or 'gator straps) on 'em. I get mine from
http://www.globalwatchband.com/items.php?group=56 and LOVE 'em! They have just the right amt. of padding to look good with the case and they have 'em in x-long for us big boned guys I am not a big fan of Black reptile skinned straps as much of the color variations are lost when the strap is dyed black. GREAT looking watch!

June 4th, 2011, 12:02 pm #10

I am happy to own this model, being an American watch!