O/T What does your wife/Partner think about you watch collecting...>>>>

O/T What does your wife/Partner think about you watch collecting...>>>>

November 15th, 2010, 8:11 am #1

The reason i ask is Amanda is paranoid im having a relationship with some of you Guys!!!!LoL.

I suppose its fair to say we do spend a lot of time on here or elsewhere on other Forums trying to satisfy our cravings for what we do.Amanda my Partner and Fiance honestly appreciates what i do and even has a collection of 4 Seikos now.I just wondered how your other Half feels about this Hobby we have and the time we spend on the Forums and the money we spend.

Theneilo uk

November 15th, 2010, 10:30 am #2

She wears them ONLY when teaching...then she takes it off! But, over the last 6 years I gave her about 6 to 10 watches, mostly ladies sized and hard to find models. She now chooses one to fit her wardrobe to school!

Being a good traditional Japanese raised woman of the old school, she will try to please me, even if it has no meaningful aspect for/to her......and of course I do the same for her! hehehe!
'Yes, dear....no, dear....yes,dear......hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

November 15th, 2010, 11:56 am #3

The reason i ask is Amanda is paranoid im having a relationship with some of you Guys!!!!LoL.

I suppose its fair to say we do spend a lot of time on here or elsewhere on other Forums trying to satisfy our cravings for what we do.Amanda my Partner and Fiance honestly appreciates what i do and even has a collection of 4 Seikos now.I just wondered how your other Half feels about this Hobby we have and the time we spend on the Forums and the money we spend.

Theneilo uk

............When we satrted going out years and years ago, I didn`t have as many watches as I do today. But she wasn`t/isn`t into watches. As time was passing and I was buying/trading watches my collection started to grow - and so did the number of questions coming from her: ".... what are you doing with sooo many watches?" ... "Why you keep buying more?" .... and then the best for the last: "... where do you have all this money from?..."
The bigger the collection, the more questions were being raised. So, finaly one day I answered her question with another question: "... why are you buying so many TuperWare, shues, dresses, cosmetical accessories? Why can`t you just use the one you already have?" Of course, she tried to argue her way out of it but didn`t work.
Right now, I have too many watches for her to keep track of them all - and besides, she doesn`t care anyway.
As for spending time on the forum(s)... I usualy do it when I have the time or I`m done with the chores, etc. The same with her: she only goes on her "social networks" when she`s done with her chores which also includes helping me with the dishes - sometimes.

I don`t make things. I make things better !

November 15th, 2010, 1:51 pm #4

Theneilo uk

The wife has given up on the notion that there is any reality, this one or an alternate, where the question "How many watches do you need?" has any meaning whatsoever. Of course she has no real idea how much $$$ I have spent over the past six years...

November 15th, 2010, 2:50 pm #5

Theneilo uk

watches, guns, pocket knives, and Internet (Jealous of the time spent). I bought her a Rolex once and she said it was heavy and ugly...sell it! At this point, she has no idea which watches are new and recently purchased or how many that I have stashec away. She really hates black dials, rotating bezels, large watches, and ones with subdials. Her favorite watches that I have owned are Rado quartz ceramics and tungsten.

Boomtown

Last edited by saykobro on November 15th, 2010, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 15th, 2010, 3:37 pm #6

The wife has given up on the notion that there is any reality, this one or an alternate, where the question "How many watches do you need?" has any meaning whatsoever. Of course she has no real idea how much $$$ I have spent over the past six years...
My wife is the same but I do, occasionally get dirty looks when parcels arrive in the mail

------------------------------------------

November 15th, 2010, 4:30 pm #7

Theneilo uk

OMG, imagine Poywatch buying his misses a nice Golden Tuna for Christmas! haha

Cheers,

Jim

November 15th, 2010, 6:28 pm #8

Theneilo uk

I have too many watches and what do I need another one for? LOL
Funny thing however is that she currently owns more watches then I do! Another funny thing is that ALL of my most nicest watches have been given to me by her! My Tissot T-Touch, my A35 and my Citizen Blue Angels for example.
I often ask her what she thinks of so and so watch and she will give me her opinion and if she really dis-likes it...... I generally wont buy it. Sometimes too she amazes me because the watches that I think she wont like......she does! I thought she would hate my Arnie but she really digs it as she does with my MOD Desert Storm 6309-7049.
The BIG bulky dive watches and the ones with too many complications shes not fond of!
I can never figure her out! LOL

November 15th, 2010, 11:41 pm #9

Theneilo uk

Lol She just "caught" me buying a Seiko 5 on the Bay and told me I had way too many watches.

Hahaha I got 3 more incoming and one of them starts with a "T" and sounds like a fish and does cost a little more than a "5" hehehe

Basically she don't mind too much as long as I can afford the rest of life and a little beach holiday in Winter. But since she got a zillion pair of shoes (at least 40 +) at a few dozen purses well... Very hard to argue with me isn't it? She did say that with the amount of $ spent on watches she (or I) could buy a Gucci purse hahaha
Also, I don't drink, don't go to bars or strip joints and barely watch sports on TV so I'm very close to perfection in a female point of view

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

November 15th, 2010, 11:47 pm #10

But can she sell off her shoes and buy a gucci bag?
Where as you can sell off your watches and buy a high end Grand Seiko.
Sell, sell, sell, I want to see that GS GMT. lol. just kidding.
I know you can't part with your kids.