O/T just a Little...Jaques Mayol one of my Freediving Heroes

O/T just a Little...Jaques Mayol one of my Freediving Heroes

December 19th, 2010, 11:38 pm #1

Him and another Guy who Freedives and now Retired by the name of Umberto Pelizzari.Umberto was sponsored by Sector Watches who brought out one of my Grails the Dive Team 1000m Sector Watch.
Im a huge fan of Freediving and have been a paticipant for 17yrs now.
I do use Hyperventilating before i dive and yes it works,All divers use this method to freedive,It expels Carbon Dioxide from the Blood enriching the Blood with Oxygen to a much Higher Level so in effect you can hold your Breath for Longer.My Deepest Dive without Aid was 2yrs ago in Turkey off the Bodrum Coast at a place called the Meteor Hole.Its 52m To the Bottom.I managed to Bring a Used Coke Can up from the Bottom.Only a Mask and Flippers are used.
Apnea wise i can hold my breath for nearly 6mins.I do however Practice regular in the Bath at Home prefering Cold Water to do this.It helps to slow the Heart Rate.Again something you can do with experience.
Jaques Mayol by the way and Enzo Molinari were Freedivers from the 60,s and 70,s both being world record Holders.Enzo was actually called Enzo Majorca and the name was changed to Molinari for the Movie The Big Blue Played by Jean Reno.Some Freediving Trivia for you.

This is Jaques Mayol and Enzo Majorca in Real Life.Mayol on the Left.
Wonder if thats actually a Watch Mayol is Wearing?

[/IMG]

Plus this is me in Turkey Last Year doing what i love this time with the Tank on....LoL.

[/IMG]

Maybe i should have worn my MM to dive with the Dolphins.

[/IMG]

Also if you are interested in what i do for a hobby this Video by Umberto is Breathtaking....Literally.Watch to the end when the dolphins come.Inspiring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4w092OiEA

This also is one of my Favourite and totally awesome Freedives by William Trubridge Diving on one Breath the Arch as its known in the Red Sea.
Some have died attempting this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXQbucZUDA

Theneilo uk

Last edited by theneilo1 on December 19th, 2010, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2010, 1:14 am #2

Thian's montages where he has interposed a watch onto Mayol's wrist...and got the scaling a bit off

Actually, it looks like the gauge off of an air compressor :-O

------------------------------------------

December 20th, 2010, 8:01 am #3

Now thats a Feat in its own and totally worthy of a look.

Theneilo uk

December 20th, 2010, 10:52 am #4

src=""

December 20th, 2010, 11:57 am #5

Then i noticed the watch and spilt my coffee!!!!LMAO TRUE GENIUS.....

Theneilo uk

December 20th, 2010, 12:00 pm #6

wallpaper for your computer hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

December 20th, 2010, 12:16 pm #7

Under the Arch hole in the Red Sea.Its 58m down then 30m under and through the arch then another 58m up and he does it all on one breath.Absolutely crazy.

Theneilo uk

December 20th, 2010, 12:36 pm #8

the poster thought it was all about heart rate control....not lung size...

December 20th, 2010, 12:42 pm #9

Controlling the heart Rate which can be done slows down the use of Oxygen in the blood so in turn being able to hold your breath longer.The other problem is that at depth especially at 50m plus the pressure squeezes the lung capacity to half its original size.Either way i know i could probably get down to the arch and back up but no way get under it as well.By the way thian where did you get that stealth Casio you got and what model is it as i want to try and get one to use as a Beater for myself.

Theneilo uk

Last edited by theneilo1 on December 20th, 2010, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2010, 2:27 pm #10

Him and another Guy who Freedives and now Retired by the name of Umberto Pelizzari.Umberto was sponsored by Sector Watches who brought out one of my Grails the Dive Team 1000m Sector Watch.
Im a huge fan of Freediving and have been a paticipant for 17yrs now.
I do use Hyperventilating before i dive and yes it works,All divers use this method to freedive,It expels Carbon Dioxide from the Blood enriching the Blood with Oxygen to a much Higher Level so in effect you can hold your Breath for Longer.My Deepest Dive without Aid was 2yrs ago in Turkey off the Bodrum Coast at a place called the Meteor Hole.Its 52m To the Bottom.I managed to Bring a Used Coke Can up from the Bottom.Only a Mask and Flippers are used.
Apnea wise i can hold my breath for nearly 6mins.I do however Practice regular in the Bath at Home prefering Cold Water to do this.It helps to slow the Heart Rate.Again something you can do with experience.
Jaques Mayol by the way and Enzo Molinari were Freedivers from the 60,s and 70,s both being world record Holders.Enzo was actually called Enzo Majorca and the name was changed to Molinari for the Movie The Big Blue Played by Jean Reno.Some Freediving Trivia for you.

This is Jaques Mayol and Enzo Majorca in Real Life.Mayol on the Left.
Wonder if thats actually a Watch Mayol is Wearing?

[/IMG]

Plus this is me in Turkey Last Year doing what i love this time with the Tank on....LoL.

[/IMG]

Maybe i should have worn my MM to dive with the Dolphins.

[/IMG]

Also if you are interested in what i do for a hobby this Video by Umberto is Breathtaking....Literally.Watch to the end when the dolphins come.Inspiring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4w092OiEA

This also is one of my Favourite and totally awesome Freedives by William Trubridge Diving on one Breath the Arch as its known in the Red Sea.
Some have died attempting this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXQbucZUDA

Theneilo uk

Neil, especially as I never learned to swim. Here's another I saw on another forum. It's Trubridge setting a world record.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...+world+record/

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan