O/T ............................... cars......>>>>

O/T ............................... cars......>>>>

March 29th, 2011, 10:12 pm #1

.........>>> I remeber a while ago someone posted a pic about an Oldsmobile Alero, not sure who the poster was. Just wondering about the way the car works, drives, problems, etc. I test drove the other day a 2003 Olds Alero, 3.4L V6, and I was impressed - considering the age of the car.

If anyone had/has some info on the Olds Alero, please let me know. i mean, aside of what you can "Google" ... I prety much red everything by now.

I don`t make things. I make things better !
Last edited by LES2900 on March 29th, 2011, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 30th, 2011, 12:34 am #2

Share a lot of parts with the Alero
Gorgeous car amazing ride, super comfort
Bose sound system YEAH!
but...

Its the car I put the most $$ in...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

March 30th, 2011, 1:34 am #3

...... >>> it was you. But I was under the impression that you had the Alero.
I looked at the Intrigue but its a bigger car than I need. What`s funny is that I was looking at the 2 door Alero and I was ... Intrigue(d)!!! LOL
But seriously, I`m somewhat kicking myself that I let the Alero slip by for so many years without even test driving it - until now.
I tried the 2.2L Eco-Tech engine and - YAK! It screams for more power and it take "forever" to pick up the speed from the stop lights. Then I drove the 3.4L V6 and - oh man - what a difference!!!

Yours is a nice car. I like the color....

March 30th, 2011, 1:46 am #4

I have the same 2.2L engine in my HHR. With a manual it is a good pairing. With the auto that engine can be a little sluggish off the line.

March 30th, 2011, 2:03 am #5

My S10 has the 2.2L with 5 speed and I'm consistently getting over 32mpg(IMP Gal)!

------------------------------------------

March 30th, 2011, 2:42 am #6

....... >>> can we all (Canadians) have some metric language here? Miles per gallon... spare me the conversion.

March 30th, 2011, 3:20 am #7

I ain't got the car no more, I stopped the $ when I had to fix the tranny.

As for Gas on the V6, well... Its a heavy car and flies like the wind so make that
12l per 100km without torking it too much for what I can remember. I don't drive like a maniac... Well not every day anyway hahaha
But seriously, my Fusion V6 is much faster and takes 12l per 100. Not as comfy though...

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

March 30th, 2011, 3:45 am #8

My S10 has the 2.2L with 5 speed and I'm consistently getting over 32mpg(IMP Gal)!

primarily city driving lately since I have an office I drive to every day. This is also winter driving with snows which seem to have more rolling resistence than the summers I use.

In the summer I an keep the milleage under 8.0 L / 100 km. The HHR can hold a lot of stuff and if the sales agency gets back up and running properly then I can haul all of my samples but with much better fuel economy than a minivan.

There are some reps out there using VW Jetta wagons with the TDI. Incredible milleage and with the 5 speed and teutonic driving experience it can actually be a fun thing to drive. I have sworn off VWs since our last Jetta. I swear that thing ate electrical components.

March 30th, 2011, 4:08 am #9

....... >>> can we all (Canadians) have some metric language here? Miles per gallon... spare me the conversion.

March 30th, 2011, 10:49 am #10

primarily city driving lately since I have an office I drive to every day. This is also winter driving with snows which seem to have more rolling resistence than the summers I use.

In the summer I an keep the milleage under 8.0 L / 100 km. The HHR can hold a lot of stuff and if the sales agency gets back up and running properly then I can haul all of my samples but with much better fuel economy than a minivan.

There are some reps out there using VW Jetta wagons with the TDI. Incredible milleage and with the 5 speed and teutonic driving experience it can actually be a fun thing to drive. I have sworn off VWs since our last Jetta. I swear that thing ate electrical components.
..........>>> used to have a Jetta TDI when I met her. That thing was averaging about 940 km on a full tank a gas! But the maintenance on the car was were you were spending your saved gas money. And, that was the 1st bach of Jetta`s made in Mexico (or Brasil???) so the thing started to loose components after about 2-3 years. Even the dealer said that the QC on the VW`s made in Mexico/Brasil was very sub-standard.