Last night`s project: Casio G-Shock GW-1400DA .....................>>>>

Last night`s project: Casio G-Shock GW-1400DA .....................>>>>

December 20th, 2010, 12:10 pm #1

I met a friend last night, we went to have a coffee. It took me about 3.2 seconds to notice that he has a new (new for me) wrist watch. So, he shows it to me. It is a Casio Solar-Waveceptor not too bad looking but it is not for my taste.

He was very pleased with the watch; no battery to replace, no time to set. And this is a guy who was tottaly indiferent to wrist watches. Anyway, he asked me if I can do a little cosmetical work on it. As I was looking at the watch, I new right the way what he was refering to. The black paint has faded/fallen out of the "writtings" around the bezel.

Oh yeah... that`s no problem. I can fix that. On my way home from the coffee shop, I stopped for "help" ....

That`s right, nail polish. And let me tell ya; for whatever reason, it was prety difficult to find black nail polish. But I finaly found it

First I cleaned up the watch very well with some warm soapy water to remove dirt. Then I let the watch to dry out for a good 1/2 hour. Then I painted over the letters.

After that, I left the watch alone, to alow the paint to dry . The instructions on the nail polish says that it drys in 1 minute. I gave it 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, I got the nail polish remover and I wiped off gently the the nail polish. And here is how it turned out to be

I think it turned out prety nice...
Here are some extra sots I took after the job was done... The Casio has lume but they don`t last very long.

However, it has 2 LED light placed at 3 and 9 o`clock. Now those are rather strong.

Thanks for watching

I don`t make things. I make things better !

December 20th, 2010, 12:35 pm #2

I actually Used Humbrol Model paint for my Ecozilla Bezel numbers when i painted them Red on the ring.
Im like you also on the Casios,some do it for me and others just dont im afraid.Some of the GShocks are Great and Thians new Stealth Model i love.

Theneilo uk

Last edited by theneilo1 on December 20th, 2010, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2010, 12:39 pm #3

I met a friend last night, we went to have a coffee. It took me about 3.2 seconds to notice that he has a new (new for me) wrist watch. So, he shows it to me. It is a Casio Solar-Waveceptor not too bad looking but it is not for my taste.

He was very pleased with the watch; no battery to replace, no time to set. And this is a guy who was tottaly indiferent to wrist watches. Anyway, he asked me if I can do a little cosmetical work on it. As I was looking at the watch, I new right the way what he was refering to. The black paint has faded/fallen out of the "writtings" around the bezel.

Oh yeah... that`s no problem. I can fix that. On my way home from the coffee shop, I stopped for "help" ....

That`s right, nail polish. And let me tell ya; for whatever reason, it was prety difficult to find black nail polish. But I finaly found it

First I cleaned up the watch very well with some warm soapy water to remove dirt. Then I let the watch to dry out for a good 1/2 hour. Then I painted over the letters.

After that, I left the watch alone, to alow the paint to dry . The instructions on the nail polish says that it drys in 1 minute. I gave it 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, I got the nail polish remover and I wiped off gently the the nail polish. And here is how it turned out to be

Here are some extra sots I took after the job was done... The Casio has lume but they don`t last very long.

However, it has 2 LED light placed at 3 and 9 o`clock. Now those are rather strong.

Thanks for watching

Did any of your wiping off get into the text? It looks so cleanly done!

December 21st, 2010, 12:28 am #4

...... Holy S#@t ! What is this? a butcher shop? LOL

No, nothing came off.... no smudges.... perfectly clean after I wipped it off.
I let it dry for a good while and then I applied a 2nd coat. I don`t think it matter much but I did it anyway. When I wiped it off, I went over the surface gently until it came out clean. And I used just a little bit a nail polish cleaner. That way I didn`t give the cleaner the chance to flow inside the cavities. Besides, the cleaner dries realy fast if you just use a little bit.

Last edited by LES2900 on December 21st, 2010, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 21st, 2010, 1:34 am #5

Thanks for watching

I'm about to do some mods on my G Shock. I will be doing this method.
Turned out great on this one.

December 21st, 2010, 3:09 am #6

...... from my friend. I gave him back the watch and he was literaly speachless. He had no idea how I did it untill I showed him the pics I took last night.
He imagined that I will use some sort of a small seringe to try to fill up the cavities .... LOL .... not a bad idea but not with such a small detailed work.

December 21st, 2010, 3:18 am #7

Thanks for watching

problems.

I would have been one of those who tried to fill the cavities with a pin or tooth pick being ever so careful to not get paint outside the lines

You did a masterful job of that

------------------------------------------

December 21st, 2010, 3:22 am #8

...... from my friend. I gave him back the watch and he was literaly speachless. He had no idea how I did it untill I showed him the pics I took last night.
He imagined that I will use some sort of a small seringe to try to fill up the cavities .... LOL .... not a bad idea but not with such a small detailed work.

I was gonna paint using small brush, but this is easier and cleaner results.

I've read many use enamel model paints, then wipe it with acetone.

Very clean results as opposed to hand brushing.

December 21st, 2010, 4:24 am #9

Thanks for watching

Boomtown

December 21st, 2010, 10:18 am #10

...... Holy S#@t ! What is this? a butcher shop? LOL

No, nothing came off.... no smudges.... perfectly clean after I wipped it off.
I let it dry for a good while and then I applied a 2nd coat. I don`t think it matter much but I did it anyway. When I wiped it off, I went over the surface gently until it came out clean. And I used just a little bit a nail polish cleaner. That way I didn`t give the cleaner the chance to flow inside the cavities. Besides, the cleaner dries realy fast if you just use a little bit.

to stealth out the text on Gs...