Just renewed the URL forwarding... www.asianwatchforum.com will work again...

Just renewed the URL forwarding... www.asianwatchforum.com will work again...

April 14th, 2012, 11:59 pm #1

Might take an hour or two but the URL forwarding will work soon. Jeesh... Renewal of the forum on N54, domain name, and URL forwarding all seemed to expire around the same time. Good think I am home right now to fix this. Not sure I could have done what I needed to do on an Android phone.

Planning to snag a tablet later this year. Anyone using am I-Pad 2 or 3 or one of the Samsung Galaxy tabs?

April 15th, 2012, 12:09 am #2

I have just been using the 'back' button so I didn't come up on a dead URL

Gabe is big on the Galaxy; give him a PM

------------------------------------------

April 15th, 2012, 12:17 am #3

Android offers much of the streamlined experience of the Apple products with the benefit of being "broken" thus allowing things like emulators and other cool stuff which would not be on the Apple (the latter part an assumption on my part).

I like this phone:

I am able to e-mail, text, talk to people, surf the net, and use the GPS on it from time to time. A fun and handy tool. I put an extra 16 gigs into it and since my wife just got the newer version of this phone I might give her my 16 Gig micro SD card and put a 32 gig one into my phone instead.

I like that I can add more internal memory into my Android phone and that I can replace the battery or keep a spare with me. Apple does not do that.

The I-Pad 3 I would want is close to $900. The comparable 10" Samsung Tablet would be about $300-$350 on contract. The expandibility and cost savings make the Samsung Galaxy Tablet a compelling choice...

April 15th, 2012, 12:24 am #4

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... elect_ipad

versus...

$99 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 on a 3 year term or... $399 for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE on a 3 year term.

There was an ASUS tablet being offered for free recently on a term.

The Samsung is a compelling option since I have been so happy with my phone.

April 15th, 2012, 12:46 am #5

Android offers much of the streamlined experience of the Apple products with the benefit of being "broken" thus allowing things like emulators and other cool stuff which would not be on the Apple (the latter part an assumption on my part).

I like this phone:

I am able to e-mail, text, talk to people, surf the net, and use the GPS on it from time to time. A fun and handy tool. I put an extra 16 gigs into it and since my wife just got the newer version of this phone I might give her my 16 Gig micro SD card and put a 32 gig one into my phone instead.

I like that I can add more internal memory into my Android phone and that I can replace the battery or keep a spare with me. Apple does not do that.

The I-Pad 3 I would want is close to $900. The comparable 10" Samsung Tablet would be about $300-$350 on contract. The expandibility and cost savings make the Samsung Galaxy Tablet a compelling choice...
It's great

April 15th, 2012, 12:53 am #6

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... elect_ipad

versus...

$99 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 on a 3 year term or... $399 for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE on a 3 year term.

There was an ASUS tablet being offered for free recently on a term.

The Samsung is a compelling option since I have been so happy with my phone.
Hi. All our field work is processed on IForms through Ipad 2.The others just arent capable. Cheers Phil

April 15th, 2012, 4:39 am #7

I like this phone:

Great piece of kit..

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand