JUST ARRIVED in the mail today...and this one may be as close my budget will allow>>>

JUST ARRIVED in the mail today...and this one may be as close my budget will allow>>>

May 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm #1

me to get near a Seamaster. This is a CROTON Aquamatic with a beautiful orange bezel. Looks mighty like the big "O" Seamaster. Brand new in box, which I snagged off the Bay for a decent price.
Watch specs: Miyota quartz movement; 43mm w/o crown; 47mm w/crown; 12mm thick w/o "fisheye"; 13mm w/"fisheye"; 20mm width lugs. Overall, the quality is excellent; solid stainless steel case and bracelet; screw-on case back. Very pleased for the $$ spent.

Thanks for viewing

Last edited by clavin3389 on May 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2012, 12:05 am #2

I love the Orange bezel, Mercedes hands and the Cyclops!

May 24th, 2012, 1:21 am #3

but me old pocketbook prevents getting one. So, I ran across this one on the Bay and thought it was a great homage to the Seamaster, especially. I've had it on the wrist since it arrived at lunch time today and I can say it really wears nicely on the wrist for such a solid chunk of steel. And the Miyota movement is keeping PERFECT time against the Atomic clock. I am really impressed with the workmanship. I have had one previous Croton, which was the Sears Craftsman Tool Anniversary model, which was a 1000ft Croton quartz diver. That too, was excellent "craftsmanship" (pardon the pun). Knowing how you like "cyclops" or "fisheyes" over the date window, you would really like this one.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, the Croton's come with a Lifetime Warranty.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited by clavin3389 on May 24th, 2012, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2012, 10:47 pm #4

me to get near a Seamaster. This is a CROTON Aquamatic with a beautiful orange bezel. Looks mighty like the big "O" Seamaster. Brand new in box, which I snagged off the Bay for a decent price.
Watch specs: Miyota quartz movement; 43mm w/o crown; 47mm w/crown; 12mm thick w/o "fisheye"; 13mm w/"fisheye"; 20mm width lugs. Overall, the quality is excellent; solid stainless steel case and bracelet; screw-on case back. Very pleased for the $$ spent.

Thanks for viewing

is a sweet lookin' watch

well done sir

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

May 26th, 2012, 12:51 am #5

May 26th, 2012, 2:45 am #6

Thanks for viewing

and hasn't stooped to using the absolute cheapest of everything like a lot of the old brands now being revived in Hong Kong and China.
Croton actually had some very highly respected watch models...I'm happy you got one that harkens back to those days

------------------------------------------

May 27th, 2012, 12:09 am #7

ever reliable Miyota quartz movement. Keeps perfect time against the Atomic clock.

Thanks for the kind words.