Is anyone interested in having a fresh look to our home page?

Is anyone interested in having a fresh look to our home page?

August 18th, 2012, 3:16 am #1

Just wondering because I think it may be time to re-establish our roots.

Mark/Zoodles has given me the keys to the realm with permission to makw whatever enhancements to the old homestead that we might want to consider.

Note: this does not include changing the status of any protected sub forums that Mark has locked.

So, if you have any ideas for a new look; let's hear them. Just remember the basic format is dictated by N54 so we can only dress it up within those constraints.

We can also make the sub forums more visible by having the links on the main page instead of hidden in a menu...waddaya think?

I have some ideas and will try to present the visuals when I have them put together

------------------------------------------

August 18th, 2012, 3:20 am #2

There is an Orient in the new logo..

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

August 18th, 2012, 3:33 am #3

I'm hoping to end up with a more seductive banner like some of the big forums to add a little watch sex appeal; if you know what I mean

Actual Asian script might help to attract some of the folks who might never find us in a regular google search. I can put this script into the header meta so that search engines pick it up

August 18th, 2012, 3:25 pm #4

....... a time zone clock/watch? MAybe something that self adjusts to the location of the person who logs in... that in adition to the home time of the forum...

maybe getting rid of the "drop down" window and just have the links visibly listed...and if possible with number next to the link indicating new post(s).

change the "baby blue" background to something else .... ( please!!! )

number of members logged in (no names)
number of visitors
daily visits
I don`t make things. I make things better !
Last edited by LES2900 on August 18th, 2012, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 18th, 2012, 9:09 pm #5

Mark/Zoodles has given me the keys to the realm with permission to makw whatever enhancements to the old homestead that we might want to consider.

Note: this does not include changing the status of any protected sub forums that Mark has locked.

So, if you have any ideas for a new look; let's hear them. Just remember the basic format is dictated by N54 so we can only dress it up within those constraints.

We can also make the sub forums more visible by having the links on the main page instead of hidden in a menu...waddaya think?

I have some ideas and will try to present the visuals when I have them put together

August 19th, 2012, 1:11 am #6

A simple contemporary look would be a nice change IMO.

The change might even bring in some new members.

Here's a pic for the header. hehe

"Asian watch" forum. lol

[/img]

August 19th, 2012, 1:13 am #7

+1 nt

August 20th, 2012, 2:12 am #8

There is an Orient in the new logo..

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand
In other words widening the scope from the Seiko-SeaGull axis.  Yeah, I know this forum is wider than that but it wouldn't hurt to present that visually on the banner.

And I agree with the idea of the sub-forum links being displayed without needing to look through the drop-down.  It's easy to forget that they exist otherwise.

August 20th, 2012, 2:18 am #9

and it looks like folks want to pull the focus back to Asian watches.

I was thinking about making up a banner that has the logos of the various makers rather than trying to pick representative watches. I'll have to put something together so we can all have a look and say about it.

August 21st, 2012, 12:53 am #10

I guess boobies are not an option?

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*