Interesting fact about .........................................>>>

Interesting fact about .........................................>>>

November 18th, 2010, 4:23 am #1

......... the Citizen 3531A movement.
This is a 12 jewel un-adjusted alarm chrono timer quartz movement. One of the 1st things I did after opening it up, was to look for a trimmer. I figured that a 12 jewel movement should have a trimmer to regulate the accuracy of the movement, should that become necessary.

Think again. There is no trimmer in sight. So, I decided to look into the "User`s manual" I downloaded a while ago. And surprise!!! This is NO trimmer but there is a different way to keep the accuracy in check. Here is what the manual says:

Adjusting time rate:
If the watch gains or losess time, adjust the time by cutting the adjustment terminal "S" or "F" on the electronic circuit. If cutting "F" alone the watch gains about +15sec a month. If cutting "S" alone the watch loses -15sec a month. If cutting "F" and "S" the watch loses about -30 sec a month

Now, lets see waht are we suppose to cut.....

And there it is. Circled with red, there are 2 piececs of "wire" also marked "F" (fast) and "S" (slow). So, by cutting one of this wires, you`ll slow down or speed up the movement. However, one of the 1st things the manual also says is that BEFORE cutting, make sure the watch was tested with a fresh battery.

Makes sense...

Thanks for watching

I don`t make things. I make things better !

November 18th, 2010, 4:58 am #2

And which one do you cut to make it explode? (nt)

November 18th, 2010, 8:18 am #3

......... the Citizen 3531A movement.
This is a 12 jewel un-adjusted alarm chrono timer quartz movement. One of the 1st things I did after opening it up, was to look for a trimmer. I figured that a 12 jewel movement should have a trimmer to regulate the accuracy of the movement, should that become necessary.

Think again. There is no trimmer in sight. So, I decided to look into the "User`s manual" I downloaded a while ago. And surprise!!! This is NO trimmer but there is a different way to keep the accuracy in check. Here is what the manual says:

Adjusting time rate:
If the watch gains or losess time, adjust the time by cutting the adjustment terminal "S" or "F" on the electronic circuit. If cutting "F" alone the watch gains about +15sec a month. If cutting "S" alone the watch loses -15sec a month. If cutting "F" and "S" the watch loses about -30 sec a month

Now, lets see waht are we suppose to cut.....

And there it is. Circled with red, there are 2 piececs of "wire" also marked "F" (fast) and "S" (slow). So, by cutting one of this wires, you`ll slow down or speed up the movement. However, one of the 1st things the manual also says is that BEFORE cutting, make sure the watch was tested with a fresh battery.

Makes sense...

Thanks for watching

I believe a very similar 3510 was used by Breitling as B59 ?

But generally Citizen are pretty bad at providing a way for their calibers to be adjusted outside factory

November 18th, 2010, 11:34 am #4

And which one do you cut to make it explode? (nt)

November 18th, 2010, 11:48 am #5

I believe a very similar 3510 was used by Breitling as B59 ?

But generally Citizen are pretty bad at providing a way for their calibers to be adjusted outside factory
...... 4 calibers in this series but don`t know it they all have been featured in Breitlings.

Cal. 3510 - chrono/timer/alarm with date indicator
Cal. 3531 - chrono/timer/alarm
Cal. 3560 - chrono/timer with date indicator
Cal. 3570 - chrono with age of the moon indicator

The calibers operate at 32,768Hz and they have 3 bipolar step motors.